It is currently Wed 20. Sep 2017, 16:23

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu 23. Dec 2010, 15:09 
Administrator / Indicator
Administrator / Indicator

He´s the "Godfather of Metal", Owner of the World´s biggest independent Label - Nuclear Blast - and a huge Fan of INDICA: Markus Staiger.
We are really happy to present this interview to you. Read how the Ladies of INDICA enchanted an Icon of Metal.

Indica-Fans.net: What fascinated you the most and made you decide to sign the Ladies?

Markus: King-Foo, Indicas Management - who also manages Nightwish - handed us the CD of the Ladies. I took care of it all, even the Finnish albums and was thrilled! First, I find the range and the charm of the band great. Also I don´t know any other Band at the moment that write their songs themselves and have such a great talent than these 5 young Ladies.

Indica-Fans.net: When did you first notice Indica?

Markus: Like I said before. We had the CD on our Desk. Then we saw them perform live and were totally convinced.

Indica-Fans.net: Which is your personal favorite Song?

Markus: Clearly PRECIOUS DARK, followed by IN PASSING, ISLANDS OF LIGHTS and the wonderful, mysterious ballad EERIE EDEN!

Indica-Fans.net: Many successful bands are from Finland, which makes the statement "The best music comes from Finland" almost a guarantee for good music is. Do you think the Finnish bands a musical "advantage" or "special talent"?

Markus: Yeah, it´s amazing how many good bands come from Finland. Next to INDCIA there are bands like NIGHTWISH, SONATA ARCTICA, AMORPHIS - all of them special in their way with a mood and mystery in their music, which other bands can hardly recreate. I´m a big fan of those bands myself!
Where these special talents and skills for writing such songs come from? I thought about this a lot already, yet never found an answer to it. Many claim that this is related to the "darkness of Finland," but I do not, or does in my opinion, only a small part of it. About the rest we have to speculate on or ask the bands, but even they do not know... (I asked AMORPHIS once, they couldn´t tell)

Indica-Fans.net: Is there any special Indica-related anecdote which you want to share with us?

Markus: What amazed me during promotion and traveling with Jonsu and Heini was, that many of the journalists, radio or TV people wanted to marry them after a few seconds, already.... so it´s not just the charisma of their music but the charisma and charm of the Ladies.

Indica-Fans.net: What would you like to tell the Fans?

Markus: I can only say I´m very glad the band found so many loyal fans around the globe. Which I can fully understand for, I´m the biggest Fan of the Ladies... at least amongst the Top 10 of Fans worldwide!

Indica-Fans.net: Thank you very much, Markus, for this great interview.

Indica-Fans.net Administrator

...a heart that hurts is a heart that works...

FB Profil: Andy