It is currently Wed 20. Sep 2017, 16:25

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri 14. Jan 2011, 08:47 
Administrator / Indicator
Administrator / Indicator

He´s the director of INDICA´s debutvideos: Kusti Manninen. Time for the man behind the camera to step up and tell us more about his work for the Ladies.

Indica-fans.net: Would you like to introduce yourself to our readers?

Kusti :Kusti Manninen, 34 years old music video director / producer

Indica-fans.net: When did you first take notice /see / hear about Indica?

Kusti :I first heard of Indica from some Sony music A&R people that told about their new projects.

Indica-fans.net: What was the initial idea that inspired you for the videos?

Kusti :I always listen to a song and the idea either comes from the lyrics or the general feeling of the song. I also have plenty of different music video ideas waiting for the right song.

Indica-fans.net: Do you personally like Indicas music and if so, is there a favorite Song?

Kusti :I like the older songs better and my personal favorite is Ikuinen virta.

Indica-fans.net: Was there any funny circumstances/happenings during the shots you´d like to share with us?

Kusti :Ikuinen virta was quite hard video to shoot, since it was raining and working with animals is always hard. It is quite usual that artist and someone we have for video end up dating as happened with Ikuinen virta.

Indica-fans.net: What are the storys behind the videos from your point of view?

Kusti :Scarlett: The night guard of old theater is reading "Gone with the wind" and he hears some noise and goes to see what's going on. The band are ghosts living in theater. Night guard doesn't find anything but when he gets back to read his book, the cover has changed and there is picture of him and Jonsu on the cover.

Ikuinen Virta: A guy is chased by a anonymous horse man. He's on his way to meet his loved one (has Jonsu's picture in medalion). The guy finally get's to the place where they should meet and at the end the audience learns that the rider is actually Jonsu.

Indica-fans.net: Did the Ladies themselfs add ideas to the videos and if so which?

Kusti :No.

Indica-fans.net: How long did the shoots take?

Kusti :We had only one day for each song.

Indica-fans.net: What is your personal opinion on the videos as well as the songs?

Kusti :I really like the way and look how Scarlett turned out. As for Ikuinen virta I'm pretty happy with the riding parts, but there were a few problems with the playing set and I'm not all satisfied how it turned out.

Indica-fans.net: How would you discribe your work/time you´ve spend with the Ladies?

Kusti :Fun, but really busy as always.

Indica-fans.net: What do the Ladies like to do during breaks/ while waiting for the next take?

Kusti :Usually their make-up and wardrobe are updated and if there's any extra time they usually drink, eat or are texting/calling to someone.

Indica-fans.net: What would you like to say to all Indica Fans in the world?

Kusti :To truly understand Indica, learn Finnish ; )

Indica-fans.net: Thank you very much, Kusti!

Watch Kusti´s videos:

Scarlett: http://pann.nate.com/video/213672965

Ikuinen virta: http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/6870160

Interview done by © Indica-Fans.net, 2011

Indica-Fans.net Administrator

...a heart that hurts is a heart that works...

FB Profil: Andy