It is currently Wed 20. Sep 2017, 16:26

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jonsu - Interview 2011
PostPosted: Thu 17. Mar 2011, 11:21 
Administrator / Indicator
Administrator / Indicator

No more waiting. Read what Jonsu told us about the past Tour, the new Album and more :thumbsup:

Indica-Fans.net: Since this tour could be considered your "first big tour" through Europe, did you feel excited or experience more stagefright than before?

Jonsu: I´m always a little bit nervous before the shows but after the first song I feel much more relaxed and it always helps and makes me happy when I see familiar faces and fans in the audience. When I start singing, I forget myself and drown into the music.

Indica-Fans.net: What was it like to spend most of your spare time on the Tourbus or Hotel? Did you feel homesick every now and then?

Jonsu: It was a lot of fun. For sure I miss my family and friends sometimes on the road but I have my other family with me, the band, crew and the fans so I don´t feel so much homesickness.

Indica-Fans.net: Which show was the most fun, if you like to pinpoint a special gig, that is?

Jonsu: Impossible to say. We loved all of them.

Indica-Fans.net: We bet all Fans wish to know. Can your Violin be repaired ? (Editor´s note: You didn´t know? Jonsu´s Violin got broken on the Stuttgart Gig in 2010)

Jonsu: Yes. It was in the violin hospital for 3 months but now it is fixed and I try to get it home next week.

Indica-Fans.net: How did you discover your talent as a singer or did you take lessons?

Jonsu: I started as a choir girl, I love choirs. I always felt more like a composer than a singer but I took some lessons and got used to the idea of being a singer.

Indica-Fans.net: How did you decide, which song would be translated for the English Album?

Jonsu: We decided it together with the band and Tuomas. We picked our favourite ones and chose the ones that fit into the album.

Indica-Fans.net: Would you share some insight into how you compose a song or how an Indica song is born?

Jonsu: It depends on the album. Sometimes I create a theme of the album first, sometimes I just compose the songs that sound best for me. This time,with a new album that I´m composing at the moment, it all started from a dream. I saw a dream of a hedgehog,12 hungry children and a giant blonde lady and the giant blonde lady was singing a really beautiful melody which touched me very much. When I woke up I remembered everything she sang, even the lyrics and I wrote it down. I guess it will be the first single.

Indica-Fans.net: If you weren´t musicians, what kind of career would you have chosen?

Jonsu: I would love to do nature documents or would like to be a magician or a writer.

Indica-Fans.net: Is there already more to tell about the project you and Jesse share? Speaking Vox Populis?

Jonsu: Not yet.

Indica-Fans.net: How would you describe your view on the Tour through Germany?

Jonsu: I think Germany is a really interesting country with so many beautiful and different type of cities. While being in Germany we spent most time in Hamburg, Berlin and of course in our record label´s home, Donzdorf so those places we know the best and we have also friends living there. This time we had a couple of days off in Munich so we traveled to Schwangau to Neuschwanstein and stayed in a cute hotel over night.It was a wonderful place! We also went to a nice spa but we were a little bit suprised when suddenly at 7 o´clock everybody got naked. I don´t know if it´s a normal habit in Germany? ;)

Indica-Fans.net: Thank you very much for your time for this interview, Jonsu.

Interview done by © Indica-Fans.net, 2011

Indica-Fans.net Administrator

...a heart that hurts is a heart that works...

FB Profil: Andy