It is currently Wed 20. Sep 2017, 16:26

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu 14. Apr 2011, 19:14 
Administrator / Indicator
Administrator / Indicator

Indica-Fans.net: Jenny, What is the story behind you becoming a guitarist?

Jenny: I started playing guitar at the Music Institute of Helsinki when I was 7 years old. Before that I had played the traditional finnish kantele, and I kind of liked the sound of string instruments. I used to joke, that a guitar was also easier to carry around than a piano:)

Indica-Fans.net: Your Gibson Custom ES-339, would you share with us what kind of custom features it holds? And maybe even what strings and plectrums you use?

Jenny: I fell in love with that guitar a little bit after our band was started. I saw it on a window of a music shop, and instantly knew, I had to get it. Before that I had played with Telecasters and one old heavy Jackson guitar. The string set I love is either number 11 or one with heavy bottom. Picks I usually choose by lovely colors and pictures. They have to feel good in hand though.

Indica-Fans.net: What made you study German in the first place and did it help you on your tour in Germany?

Jenny: I had a cousin who started German a little bit before me, and I thought it was really cool. So I applied to one school where it was possible to learn more languages. During many summer courses in Salzburg I learned to like the language and the different cultures of German speaking countries. I´m still at the university doing German studies.

Indica-Fans.net: Sirkku, Would you tell us more on how you became a pianist/clarinetist?

Sirkku: I started playing piano when I was 6 years old. My mum took me and my sister to the piano lessons and the first year we shared the lessons with my twin sister. Later I continued at Espoo Music Institute with my lovely teachers Kristina Söderblom and Kata Nummi. I wanted to play other instruments among piano but I only got to choose one, so I chose clarinet because I loved Sergei Prokofjev´s composition Peter and the Wolf and especially The Cat, that was played by the clarinet.

Indica-Fans.net: In an interview Jonsu mentioned that she attended one of your classical concerts before you joined Indica. Did you give classical concerts on a regular basis back then, and what pieces did you usually play?

Sirkku: Back then I used to participate some piano contests and master courses of multiple piano teachers in Finland and abroad and I rehearsed for them by giving classical concerts. My favorite pieces where f.e Chopin´s Piano Concerto No.2 in F minor and Mozart´s Piano Concerto No.21. And I also liked the solo piano works of Schubert, especially the Impromptus. And I still love those.

Indica-Fans.net: Do you program your own synths or do you use those that come with the “Motif” Keyboard?

Sirkku: With Motif I use those that come with it, I use a lot of the piano and orchestral sounds.

Indica-Fans.net: What kind of Clarinet do you have?

Sirkku: Now I have four clarinets, 3 of them are Buffets (two Bb clarinets and one A clarinet) and one is a Yamaha Bb clarinet. I started with that Yamaha 15 years ago, I don´t use it anymore but it has lots of sentimental value for me.

Indica-Fans.net: Thank you very much, Jenny and Sirkku for taking your time for us.

Interview © Indica-Fans.net, 2011

Indica-Fans.net Administrator

...a heart that hurts is a heart that works...

FB Profil: Andy

PostPosted: Thu 14. Apr 2011, 20:13 
Insane
Insane

cool :D
Very interesting to know about their muscial history :D

*suomi*