It is currently Thu 19. Oct 2017, 05:32

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Wed 18. Dec 2013, 11:47 
Offline
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican
User avatar

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 16:47
Posts: 156
Location: Tampere, Finland
Severus wrote:
our transaltors, please translate interviews in my link ( http://www.voice.fi/radio/ensireaktio
, there IS new info, for example, as I understood, Jonsu is against monogamy) and the one in the link of Ashanee
Your link goes to the official record label statement that has been published in multiple places. The relevant part of it ("new information") is translated here. All the recent, as of yet untranslated radio interviews (Voice, NRJ, YleX) are available in audio form but I defer the actual translating to other people.

_________________
The dead have peace.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Wed 18. Dec 2013, 12:59 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
I can translate the YleX and NRJ interviews, but I can't find the audio version of the Voice interview.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Wed 18. Dec 2013, 14:31 
Offline
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican
User avatar

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 16:47
Posts: 156
Location: Tampere, Finland
Niko wrote:
I can translate the YleX and NRJ interviews, but I can't find the audio version of the Voice interview.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Don't fear the horrendous FF UI.

_________________
The dead have peace.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Wed 18. Dec 2013, 18:05 
Offline
Archivist
Archivist
User avatar

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 13:27
Posts: 538
Location: Ukraine
Quote:
"Älä kanna pelkoa kappale kertoo rakkauden ja pelon taistelusta. Halusin tekstissä pohtia, onko täydellinen yksiavioisuus todella ihmiselle luonnollinen tila vai ainoastaan yhteiskuntamme sanelema yleisesti hyväksytty tapa elää parisuhteessa. Halusin myös pohtia ihmisen ristiriitaisia haluja, mustasukkaisuutta ja tarvetta vapauteen, eli tarvetta pitää kiinni ja päästää irti samaan aikaan".


this is the part I meant. Google translation:

Quote:
Älä kanna pelkoa the song is about love, fear, and the fear of battle. Wanted the text to reflect on whether a full monogamy really the natural state of human society, or only dictated by the generally accepted way to live in a relationship. I also wanted to consider the conflicting human desires, jealousy and the need for freedom, namely the need to hold on and to let off at the same time. "

_________________
Image
Image
Image

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)


My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Thu 19. Dec 2013, 18:04 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Here’s my translation of the YleX radio interview with Jonsu and Heini on the 13th of December 2013. There are two male interviewers. I means Ile and M means Matti. I hope I marked them correctly. By the way, if someone knows the gender of Jenny’s child, please tell me because it would help me refer to that child in English.


I: Jonsu, I was about to call you a MILF, but it’s not an appropriate term, although someone would have wanted to call you a MILF already.
Jonsu: Yeah. I had a wonderful moment at school’s library yesterday when a cute little boy came to ask: “Jonsu, when are you going to have children?” I was like: “Not yet, I’m not that old. Why should I do that?” and he replied: “Because I’d like to call you a MILF”. How cute, but maybe you could call Heini a MILF.
I: Great, that’s awesome! M: Congratulations.
Heini: Maybe he wants to meet me now.
M: You said “little boy”, but how old was he actually?
Jonsu: Well, maybe 19.
I: So, he’s a little guy indeed. M: Very little boy.

I: It’s great that you’ve arrived. But congratulations, Jonsu. You’ve worked hard and managed to become a student. So, you spend time in libraries and will become the Master of Science in Economics.

Jonsu: I don’t know if I ever graduate, but I’m going to that direction. I was told that the School of Business has the best student parties. They are very wild. We had a party a couple of weeks ago, which was organized by the boys for the girls. It was plain S&M stuff. They were almost naked in every task and asked us to whip them and mess them with food. So, it was worth going.
Heini: You must have been excited about it.
Jonsu: I was very excited.
I: That’s why people want to enter that school.
Jonsu: Indeed. It was worth studying.
I: They say in preparation courses that you have to study for 500 hours in order to get into those parties.
Jonsu: There you can legally whip people.
I: I suppose you learned something in that party.

M: Did you find appropriate wardrobe for that party from your closet? Your clothes in the new album cover are… maybe not S&M style, but the corsets are a bit tighter this time.

Jonsu: Well, yeah. I have such wardrobe, but since the other students are younger than me, I try to pretend to be more modest than I actually am.
Heini: So, you went there in student overalls?
Jonsu: Yeah, standard overalls.
M: And you’ll switch to a suit-dress when you graduate. I: What is the thing with overalls… are they ever sexy? Does a man wearing student overalls ever look good in your opinion? “Wow, look at him. Overalls suit him well!”
Heini: No, it’s like with army costume…
Jonsu: I think the overalls are used for absolution. When you put the student overalls on, you can pass out on grass or do basically anything because everyone thinks: “Wonderful, those young people are students, the hope of the nation.” With overalls it’s much more acceptable than passing out wearing a mini-skirt.
Heini: That’s true.
M: Indeed. They give you more protection and function as your disclaimer.
Jonsu: Exactly. I feel that since studying is so hard, it doesn’t matter what else you do in your life because you’re free from any liabilities.
I: Do people still exchange one of the trousers? Or is it old-fashioned?
Heini: Don’t people exchange the stickers?
I: They do, but I meant that when you’ve been with someone in that way, you’re allowed to exchange one of your trousers with the partner.
Heini: Oh.
Jonsu: Really? I haven’t heard about that.
Heini: You haven’t experienced it yet.
Jonsu: Apparently I have had boring life because I still have my own trousers. But what do you do if you have had more than two partners? There are only two trousers.
M: Then you start exchanging the arms.
Heini: Try to get one of your trousers exchanged first.
Jonsu: I’m working on it.
I: But you don’t have to exchange the whole trouser, just a small ribbon of it. I think that’s why some people have small ribbons of jeans in their overalls. If there are college students listening to this, please send us a message and tell us how it works.

I: In fact, we’ve asked our listeners to send twerking photos. Has either of you twerked yet, for example in pre-Christmas party? It’s a new dance style created by Miley Cyrus. It means rubbing yourself against some item or person.

Jonsu: Thank you for the description because I was wondering what it means. Did you know about it, Heini?
Heini: Actually I did. I read an article “Are you still young? Do you know what these words mean” in some tabloid recently.
Jonsu: Could you boys demonstrate it?

*Matti demonstrates and explains the dance*

Heini: Wow, you’re talented!
Jonsu: That’s great, seriously.
Heini: Apparently he has twerked in your pre-Christmas party.

M: I’ve done it on a music video too.
Jonsu: But where was the item? I didn’t see any.

*Matti rubs himself against a chair*

I: Besides twerking on our music video against the Christmas tree, now Matti is twerking himself against an office chair. Is there anything you wouldn’t do if beautiful women ask you to do it? So, Jonsu and Heini from Indica are our guests here in YleX. So far, we’ve discussed studying, sexy S&M parties and twerking… M: And overalls. I: …but you’ve also made a new album that will be released on the 24th of January. It’s called Akvaario.
Jonsu: That’s true.
I: And its promo pictures are smoking hot. M: We already discussed them. I: So, you’ve switched the language back to Finnish. Why?
Heini: In fact, this album will be released in Finnish and English.
I: Okay, is it Aquarium in English?
Heini: It’s Shine.
Jonsu: It’s Shine because there was at least a year between writing those albums. We had a big crisis when I was writing the Finnish album. There was no shine left at that moment. There was only an aquarium: a small glass vase in which you put a goldfish to rotate.
M: A very limited space.
Jonsu: Yeah.
M: If the name Shine had been translated literally, the Finnish album would be Hohto. Then the residents of (the northern Finnish city) Oulu could ask in their dialect: “Okko nää kuullu Hohon?” (Have you heard Hohto?) I: Once again Matti changed the topic to Oulu. M: I do it once a day.
Jonsu: The Next time we’re making an album, I’ll ask your advice with the name.
I: Just name it Oulu. It’s a great name.

I: But you have an interesting situation. I think it’s awesome that you continue. For some reason, many Finnish female artists quit when they’ve just got started. Therefore it’s great that Indica will continue. At the moment, your guitarist Jenny is on a maternity leave and you’ve got Emppu as the substitute. Am I correct?

Heini: You are correct, although Jenny is going to return now.
I: So, Emppu is no longer in your band?
Heini: She worked with us until this moment, but when we release the new album and go on tour, Jenny will be back in business.
Jonsu: Jenny’s child is about half years old already, so Jenny decided that the baby will manage without the mother. So, welcome back to rehearsals, Jenny.
I: The baby can buy an own house and is able to warm the cereal. You could soon start to ask the baby to pay rent.
Heini: Can you do that to someone that young?
I: Of course you can!
Jonsu: That would be a good idea because the salaries of musicians are so small in Finland.
I: In India people put their children to work early. M: So you should use the child benefits yourself.
Heini: Of course we do.
I: “You have two euros left after I’ve deducted the rent from your child benefits.”

- -

I: Akvaario is the name of the new album that will be released on the 24th of January. The song that was played on radio was called Älä Kanna Pelkoa (“don't bear the fear”). How was it born? What kind of fear are you bearing at the moment, besides that you’re no longer welcome to Christmas table?
Jonsu: Heini, what kind of fear do you bear? I’m interested to hear because you’re so courageous.
Heini: I can’t figure it out. I’m not the kind of a person who would needlessly bear the fear.
Jonsu: I’ve slept badly for the past two nights. Last night there was a huge storm and I was worried that I’d become manic because I hadn’t been sleepy at all in two nights in a row.
Heini: Well, you bear all kinds of fears.
Jonsu: Yeah, I’m a big coward.
I: Are you the kind of a person who thinks about work stuff or something at nights?
Jonsu: Yeah. Unfortunately I’m a person who tends to stress, but…
I: So is Matti.
Jonsu: Is he? Maybe we could…
I: Not really. He’s always sleeping.
Heini: Matti is there, Jonsu.
M: Let’s lull ourselves to sleep together. I: I know that behind that window, our sexy producer Tumppu…
Heini: Jonsu turned her head.
Jonsu: I couldn’t keep my head still. Well, the song is about the fear of commitment. It’s also about the conflicting will that many people have. They want to commit to one person, but when they have troubles in the relationship they would like to pack the suitcases and move to Bahama right away. I have this character.
I: And isn’t it typical to have a “There would be people willing to take your place” conversation. When you mention that, sometimes it may refresh the relationship. I mean threatening to pack the suitcases.
Jonsu: It’s a bad habit to threaten like that in a relationship, but sometimes I have that kind of a feeling: “Now I’m going to move away.”
M: Just start searching with your eyes the key of the cellar closet where the suitcases are. I: There is a softer way to do the same. Just go online and search for a bed-sitter.
Heini: Oh, and you leave the browser window open on that site. That’s a good method. But nowadays many people live in a so-called open relationship. Many have tried it.
I: Really?
Heini: We’ve discussed it a lot while making this song. I suppose some are for and some against it.
I: There should be a possibility to cancel the agreement if your partner has a lot more success than you do. It would be sad to say: “I’ll go to the movies at 8 o’clock alone – again.”
Jonsu: Yeah. The concept could be: “We’ll have an open relationship if I have success first.”
M: When you get caught of cheating for the first time, you could suggest: “Aren’t we having an open relationship” or “I thought we agreed to have an open relationship” I: “Was it just a dream in which we agreed about open relationship?”
Jonsu: Yeah. That’s an interesting topic because one type of a relationship is wildly preferred in our community. I’m not going to go into details, but I’ve once in my life lived in a relationship that isn’t as wildly accepted. And I noticed that the people who had emphasized the most that “you should be yourself”, “you should fulfil yourself” and “diversity is great”, they were the first people to criticize that “no, you can’t do that”. Then I realized for the first time that we say that diversity and freedom are good things, but in real life it doesn’t always go like that.
I: And the people who have run from bar to bar like virile rabbits and always switched to a new partner, when they finally settle down they are the loudest supporters of monogamy. So if you’ve ended your relationship and started a new one, those people are the most strict to demand that you shouldn’t do that.
Jonsu: That’s true and when you speak about this topic, it often causes aggression. So I’ve started to wonder if we have some qualities that we don’t want to see or confront because otherwise it would be easy to speak about it. You could just say that “I fully support this” or “I fully support that”, but when someone has a huge defence reaction there may be something behind that behaviour.
I: So, if you go to, for example, the S&M party of School of Business every now and then, it’s okay. M: It’s okay. Maybe we have the “not in my backyard” attitude in love life. If it’s far away, diversity is a good thing, but if it comes close, it disgusts you.
Jonsu: It’s true. And I have to admit that I had to answer a couple of questions when I came home from that party with bloody hands and had powdered sugar and chocolate sauce all over me. He was like: “Where have you been?”
I: “I was on a cooking course.”
Heini: So you really participated in those S&M tasks?
Jonsu: It was a competition. And you know that sometimes I’m a competitive person, so I couldn’t lose.

I: What did you have to do in that competition? I want to know because there’s no way I will ever manage to enter at School of Business with this brain.
Jonsu: You should consider applying there because one of the competitions was the following: A man had been tied to a chair. His pulse was monitored all the time. We were divided into groups of four and our task was to make his pulse as high as possible.
I: That’s a cool task.
Jonsu: So how can you behave well in that competition?
Heini: They have wild parties.
I: I would know how at least my pulse could be made very high. M: I’d ask him to run. I: I’d show Matti a spelling mistake. M: Or bad grammar.
Heini: That increases the pulse of many people indeed.
M: A capella and spelling mistakes. I: What was his pulse?
Jonsu: We were surprised how slowly his pulse rose. I think it became something between 165 and 170.
I: It’s not bad. It’s the same as while jogging.
Jonsu: But hey, there were four women and I thought we could make it up to 200. But no.
M: So, you wanted to rise it up to a heart attack?
Jonsu: It was a small blow to my self-esteem. I did my best, but nothing happened.
M: Better luck next time.
Jonsu: Yeah.
I: If you had flatlined him, it would have hit the headlights.

I: But check this out. Akvaario will be published on the 24th of January. What’s going to happen with Indica now? You’ll go on tour. Is your pulse rising?

Heini: The album release concert is at the end of January.
Jonsu: Is it?
Heini: Hopefully.
Jonsu: I negotiated about the date with the gig agent yesterday. It will be at the end of January or in the beginning of February. And we are anxiously waiting. We’ve been three years out of publicity.
Heini: We’ve been touring abroad. And now… We had been touring in Finland for so long that I think everyone got bored with the venues we had visited many times because our career has lasted for 12 years now. So, we wanted to see other places, and now we are excited to tour again in small venues in Finland.
M: The audience is also probably anxiously waiting for you. And some venues may have been closed during your time abroad.
Heini: Really?
I: Are Matti and I invited to the album release concert?
Heini: Of course.
Jonsu: Of course.
I: Will you tie us to chairs too?
Jonsu: Yes. Let’s see how high your pulse will rise.
I: Great. Thank you for the visit.
Jonsu: Thank you.

EDIT: small fixes

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Sun 22. Dec 2013, 17:52 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Here’s my translation of the NRJ radio interview with Jonsu and Heini. It was broadcast on the 11th of December 2013 and is online in three parts: 1, 2, 3. There are two interviewers, Antti and Renne, but I can’t distinguish their voices, so I wrote this as if there was only one interviewer.


It’s time to invite the guests to the studio. Jonsu and Heini from Indica, welcome!
Heini: Good morning.
Jonsu: Thank you.

Jonsu’s microphone is way too high. You almost have to stand in order to reach it.
Jonsu: I have to sit in a very good posture.

I’ll lower it. Now it’s better.
Jonsu: Please do because I just complained that I slept only 20 minutes last night. So I’m probably becoming manic, and high posture will take the last bits of energy I have left.

Why did you sleep only 20 minutes?
Heini: (in a suggestive voice) So, what did you do all night?
Jonsu: Well, I don’t understand it. I decided to go to sleep at 11 o’clock, but damn, I rolled on the bed whole night…

It’s the worst mistake to decide to go to sleep before you’re tired.
Jonsu: Yeah.
Heini: Yeah.

Renne, did you realize what just happened? We aren’t needed in this interview because Heini asked Jonsu immediately: “What did you do…” so let’s ask: What happened in your bedroom?
Jonsu: You can keep a coffee break. We have a lot to say.

Great. But let’s get into topic. Your latest single Älä Kanna Pelkoa is in our hands and we’ll play it very soon. We could call this Indica’s comeback. Why did you come back now in 2013?
Jonsu: Well, with this new single we want to raise questions about cheating. Is it that bad? So, we wanted to save the people who’ve made a mistake in a pre-Christmas party. That’s definitely our biggest reason. Isn’t it, Heini?
Heini: Jonsu felt the need to save the others.
Jonsu: I’ve made so many mistakes in my life that… many people want to save the nature, but I got the idea to save the blunderers.

Save the Cheaters Union. Is the song based on your personal experiences?
Jonsu: A bit. I’ve had a relationship in which we both made a small mistake, nothing serious, but little things. And it caused us schism for years until we suddenly started to think that “Come on, we both made about the same mistake, so why should we stress about this? Is life always that serious?” My intention definitely isn’t to encourage people to cheat, but to question whether it’s always necessary to demand that “you’ll be physically mine for the next hundred years.”

That’s very provoking and advanced text. This topic has been handled a little in pop music, but seldom as directly as you did.
Jonsu: I wanted to do this because I noticed that many people I know live some kind of double life. In the worst case it goes like it went with a couple who are my friends. The woman was incredibly jealous even if the man only looked at a photo of a beautiful woman. Sometimes… I don’t know… maybe I’ve also sometimes had to look in the mirror and ponder whether to be honest or hypocrite.

So, do you think that a human being can’t physically commit to only one person for the whole life?
Jonsu: No, I don’t. If you asked me personally if I can promise that I’m perfectly perfect for the next hundred years, I probably wouldn’t swear over my head, but maybe I could swear over my little toe.

That’s great honesty. Heini, the same question. Or let’s ask: are you a jealous person and have you ever cheated?
Heini: I’ve never cheated and I’m not very jealous either. I think that many jealous people have cheated themselves and that has made them feel that they have to observe what the partner is doing.

So, if you’re not trustworthy, you don’t trust the others either?
Heini: I think it affects your thinking.

- -

When you think about bands, stereotypically, when a band is on tour and the gig is over, they drink some booze on the backstage, and then have sex. But can all-female bands do this, and can they admit it?
Heini: When I think about our band members, excluding myself, apparently they can.
*laughter*
Jonsu: I want to clarify that although I wrote the song, I’ve been extremely decent on our tours…
Heini: Have you?
Jonsu: But I can tell that we have one girl, I won’t reveal her name…

Please say it.
Jonsu: On one five-week tour she kept the bus swaying all the time because her goal was to screw hundred times in the bus. So, it was very enjoyable for the rest of us. And she succeeded. I’m not going to tell her name, but it’s not Heini or me.

Give me the cover. Who are there left? I’ll mark them with x… This one is excluded… There are three girls remaining. I want to know!
Jonsu: But remember that Heini and I have behaved quite nun-like.

Stress on the word quite. But the other three…
Heini: They are crazy.

Since they’re not here commenting, they have to bear the sin. I claim that you just did your band the biggest favour in your career. Think what’s going to happen after this. Think how many people will come to your concerts now!
Jonsu: Indeed.

People are now combing their hairs and viewing your gig list.
Jonsu: By the way, the girl in question is still single. So you should come to…
Heini: Her principle is not to be too picky in order not to miss out.

Well, a lake doesn’t drain away by rowing.
Jonsu: On one tour she launched a new method for reducing weight: “get in shape by screwing”.

- -

The atmosphere in the studio could perhaps be called hysteric, but that’s only because we have Jonsu and Heini from Indica as our guests. Good morning.
Jonsu: Good morning. We have a lot to say because we’ve been three years out of publicity. We just accidentally reveal all kinds of things.

You’re allowed to do that.
Jonsu: We may regret this tomorrow, or maybe already today.

That’s how it often goes. But there is no reason to regret. Everything that is said here stays here. So, Indica has had a long career, and we just listened to your new single, Älä Kanna Pelkoa. Your band became famous in the beginning of the 2000s when you released the Ikuinen Virta single and video. Those days your image was different. When I saw you for the first time I thought: “What kind of fairy girls are they? Are they the favourite band of anyone who plays role games?” And your lyrics were mystic. They included castles if not dragons.
Jonsu: There is a dragon in one of our music videos.
Heini: Is there?
Jonsu: I think it’s in Linnansa Vanki.
Heini: Why don’t I remember it at all?
Jonsu: But it’s true that we were young, innocent hippies those days, but now we’ve become a bit more urban.

And you’ve become a bit less innocent…
Jonsu: Yes we have.

…especially that one girl.
Jonsu: Especially her. It’s true that early Indica included more inspiration from fantasies…
Heini: And mystique was important to us and we tried to include it to songs, live performances and costumes.
Jonsu: It was important. Today we are more realistic. And it’s more challenging for a performer when you’re not behind any role. It requires you to reveal more about yourself in interviews and it’s tricky to decide where to draw the limits.

So, you’ve got rid of fictional characters in your music and started to write more personal texts. And clothing style, based on this photo… you all have black clothes and this doesn’t look like a fairy combo. And you’ve spoken quite directly about several things today, thank you for that.
Jonsu: Maybe too directly.

So, is this natural development?
Heini: I think it is. It has come with age.
Jonsu: We thought about this during the break. When you’ve got older, you’ve had time to make so many mistakes that the game is already over and the reputation is already lost. So there’s no need to work for it anymore.
Heini: You wouldn’t pass for a fairy anymore.
Jonsu: Yeah, that’s the reason.

In my opinion, it’s great that you dare to speak about things openly. I think people respect that you’re not hiding it. Since you’ve now returned to the limelight, are you worried that some day it backfires and media starts to twist your comments? For example, the things you said about Älä Kanna Pelkoa, some evil-minded journalist could make headlights of it. Although they are good thoughts, they are very provoking.
Jonsu: I know that there is a risk when you speak about such a topic. And I’m sure some people will hate me because of this. Whenever I introduce some topic in a song, it’s important to me to underline that it’s just a thought. I can’t say what’s the right or wrong answer to that question. I definitely don’t recommend everyone to live in an open relationship like hippies on a field.

Are you sort of tearing yourself away from your earlier image? For the first single, you’ve chosen a song that states that cheating shouldn’t always be taken too seriously and you say it openly in interviews. Are you ripping the old stuff away and returning as new, adult women?
Jonsu: As new women? Well, I’ve experienced in my life that one of the most limiting factors, the main thing that made me unhappy, was my ridiculous attempt to control everything. I mean the idea that you have to achieve things in your life, behave in a certain way and fit in a certain model. And I think that at one point I got a burn out. I remember that I was driving a car at night. I was very tired and was returning from some work event. At that moment I realized that I’d rather be dead than alive. And I thought that something must be wrong in my life. I wanted to change everything and continue with a chillier attitude.

And now, with your new attitude, you’re heading towards new victories. I almost said: “towards new disappointments.” “I’ll keep my jaw against my chest and head towards new disappointments”, that’s the Finnish phrase. But I believe that Indica will have a new rise to new success. Älä Kanna Pelkoa is out now. The album will be released, was it in February?
Heini: At the end of January.
Jonsu: On the 24th of January. And in Europe it’s called Shine.

Do you release it in two languages?
Jonsu: Yeah, in Finland in Finnish and in other countries in the other language.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Sat 28. Dec 2013, 14:58 
Offline
Archivist
Archivist
User avatar

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 13:27
Posts: 538
Location: Ukraine
Niko, thanks a lot! Jonsu got very original ideas, I like her more for that.

Interview for a Polish Magazine

thanx to Telajel for scans!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5HR1KyEBcjM/U ... n20001.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YAgXlJJeITw/U ... n10005.JPG

In № 1/2014 Metal Hammer there will be an interview with Jonsu! thanx to Telajel for info again!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7Rlmr0b48aw/U ... 00/url.jpg

Jonsu Interview for Femme Metal Webzine 2013/12/19

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.net/2013/1 ... su-indica/

_________________
Image
Image
Image

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)


My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Sun 29. Dec 2013, 12:14 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 18. Jun 2011, 16:19
Posts: 104
Location: Poland
Severus wrote:
Niko, thanks a lot! Jonsu got very original ideas, I like her more for that.

Interview for a Polish Magazine

thanx to Telajel for scans!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5HR1KyEBcjM/U ... n20001.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YAgXlJJeITw/U ... n10005.JPG

In № 1/2014 Metal Hammer there will be an interview with Jonsu! thanx to Telajel for info again!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7Rlmr0b48aw/U ... 00/url.jpg


Of course it's polish edition of Metal Hammer. It's already on sale, so I made those scans for all who can't buy it. It's mostly the same thing, that Jonsu says in all interviews, but she has revealed the motto of new album (from Behind the Walls):

Shine, shine I shine behind those walls when darkness calls
Shine, shine I shine behind those walls when my body falls

And she said that she lives with two men, Jesse and their friend an amazing artist. Also, I think she doesn't want to have children, at least not now.

_________________
Image Image Image

http://www.jonsu-indicaband.blogspot.com - 1st Polish blog about INDICA/ 1. Polski blog o zespole INDICA
http://jonsuindicaoutfits.webs.com/ - The only fansite about Jonsu's outfits!/ Jedyna strona internetowa na temat strojów Jonsu!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Mon 30. Dec 2013, 17:56 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Thu 23. Sep 2010, 10:06
Posts: 1387
Location: Bei Hamburg
Lol great interviews, them Finnish music reporters are crazy :mrgreen:
But Jonsu and Heini MILFs? No way. Maybe in 20 years... :mrgreen:

_________________
Image Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Tue 7. Jan 2014, 11:30 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Here’s my translation of the Voice radio interview with Jonsu, which was broadcast on the 4th of December 2013. Thank you, Nico, for the audio files.


Jonsu’s our guest, hi.
- Hi. This has been a puzzling evening. When I came in, people discussed women’s labia. Also, the metro trains aren’t working and the taxi ride from the railway station cost me 30 euros. I came here by high heels and two taxis. Whew.

All those things could be linked together, except that women’s labia and metro traffic jam probably aren’t related to each other.
- Don’t be so sure. Maybe a metro driver has seen too much, lost his mind and caused the metro traffic jam. That could be the link.

That’s how it must have happened. But it’s great that you made it here. So, in the end you managed to get here by taxi while the metro traffic was jammed.
- I travelled 500 metres by two taxis *) and between the taxi rides I ran as fast as I could in my high heels and now my pulse is probably 180.

Did you tell the taxi driver: “I’ll give you extra ten euros if we arrive in time” as people do in movies?
- No, I just said: “Drive fast, drive fast, the live broadcast is about to begin. I can’t be late.”

How did the taxi driver respond?
- At some point he said: “Maybe you would get there quicker by running”. It’s shocking. You should never go to the central near Christmas at four o’clock, but now it’s over six already.

I’m from (the village) Kesälahti. No one there knows what you’re talking about. They are wondering: “What? A traffic jam at this time of the day?”
- I was surprised too. I thought the jam would be at four o’clock. Whew.

In the beginning… well, we’ve discussed several things already, but let’s now talk about Indica’s language situation because you’re releasing an album called Akvaario, and it’s a Finnish album.
- Yes it is.

But at the same time you’re releasing an English album.
- Yeah, we thought that if one of them flops completely we could continue our career in the other language. Just kidding. This is the strategy I’ve been planning for a long time. We had disagreements about this in the team. Some said that it would be silly to make an album in two languages because it would mean that you don’t trust your album, but in my opinion this is about bearing the fans in mind. Many bands have done this, even Placebo some time ago.

Okay. So you’ll handle the domestic and international market at the same time.
- That’s true, but on the other hand I’ve got feedback from foreign fans that prefer our Finnish material, so maybe we should go abroad to sing in Finnish.

You’ve been abroad before. You had a tour in Central Europe if I remember correctly.
- Yes we had. I have some shaky memories from that tour. We toured with two rock bands, Nightwish and Pain, so maybe that’s the reason I don’t remember some evenings completely.

Tell us more about those evenings.
- I can’t because I don’t remember. Well, they were wonderful tours, but when you tour five weeks with five Swedes in the same bus, you’ll become crazy. It’s inevitable.

Did Tuomas Holopainen’s charisma calm the feeling?
- On the last European tour, Nightwish travelled in a separate bus, so we only met in parties.

I see. How does it feel to tour… well, there were guys from other bands with you… but since your band is a girl band, do you act somehow differently than guys on tour?
- I don’t know. I think everyone become crazy in the bus. You notice it when the tour is over and you have to adapt to the normal life and be very careful about how to speak. When you’re between four walls the quality of the stories… it’s adult humour and the jokes are very bad. And when you are having a dinner with your relatives after the tour and tell them some funny story, everyone stares at you.

So, the stories are similar than guys’ stories.
- Yes, that’s how it goes.

Okay. Do you also have as many groupies? Well, how could I know how many groupies the other bands have, but did you have any in Central Europe?
- Of course we had, but there’s always room for a few more.

- -

Is Central Europe an interesting place for a band because there is a larger population? So, when you have a breakthrough there, your album sales are high.
- Yes they are, if you have a breakthrough. But on the other hand, when you go on tour to conquer Central Europe, you can easily end up making a big loss. When there are eight people in the bus touring, the beginning is a little investment for the future.

Okay. The new song Älä Kanna Pelkoa is played in Ensireaktio (“the first reaction”). I have your press release which includes a long description of the song. I’ll quote it briefly: “I feel it is important to write this text because I’ve seen several wonderful and long relationships to end because of one mistake. That makes me ponder if the punishment is unreasonable.” So, you’re talking about cheating and whether it’s possible to completely commit to one person.
- Yeah. In fact, if I’m fully honest and say something that isn’t in the press release, I can tell how I got the inspiration. I lived in a relationship in which we both had made a little mistake. No hard core mistakes, but little things anyway. It caused us a lot of fear and panic until we started to talk that “I made a little mistake too”. And we started to question whether it’s as bad as people usually think. I still don’t have a clear answer to that question.

How did the conversation go? Did it end your relationship?
- No it didn’t. Everything went well. It was a happy conversation and we ended up thinking that we are only humans and sometimes we make mistakes, but we are good people anyway.

“I wanted to ponder in the text whether a complete monogamy is a natural state for a human being or just a generally preferred way to live in a relationship in our society. I also wanted to ponder the conflicting will of people: jealousy and the need for freedom, the need to hold on and let go at the same time.” Well, you just told that you haven’t found the answer to that question…
- Let’s say that during my relatively short life I’ve already lived in a few different kinds of relationships and I can’t tell that one of them would more correct than the others. But for some reason, I’m a bit afraid of the relationships in which people are extremely jealous and claim that even thinking about someone else is sin and a very bad thing. I believe that most people think at least sometimes someone else.

Yes they do, and they should do. In my opinion, it would be unnatural if your thoughts never went astray. But doing something is another story.
- Yes it is. I believe in honesty. A human being can live happily in many ways, but the main thing in a relationship is that both sides know the rules and play by the rules.

Would you hesitate to promise: “I’ll never cheat on you?” Could you promise that?
- Promise you? You’re very, very sweet and handsome and everything, but I can’t promise you that I would never be with anyone else.

Oh.
- “I’m going to end the radio broadcast now!”

I’m going to change the song that we will play. Not really, Älä Kanna Pelkoa will be played in Ensireaktio. Any preface before we play it?
- Any preface? Well, I hope that this song makes people more courageous and starts them thinking a bit. And if you’re in the situation that you’re about to end your 30-year relationship because of one kiss, you could have a second thought.

- -

…in Ensireaktio. By the way, does it sound annoying when a radio host speaks over your song?
- No, I’ve got used to it and I can tolerate it.

That’s great. You had something in your mind that you definitely wanted to say.
- I have a very important thing to say. I’ve started to study in a college, in the School of Business, and studying is hard work. And I left three very hot, smart and sweet student boys…

Do you praise all men like that? You said a while ago that I’m handsome, funny, smart and everything, but now it feels lame because you described the other guys with the same words.
- Every now and then I praise men like that, but in my opinion the Finns should praise each other more often. When you go, for example, to Italy, you are immediately called bella and sweet. I’d welcome that kind of culture to Finland too. So, people should encourage each other instead of knocking down.

Are those boys more handsome than me?
- You all are beautiful in your own ways. I can’t compare you to each other, but I had more to say to them than just praise their looks and intelligence. So, I want to thank them a lot for being right now at the Kaisaniemi library making our spreadsheet computation teamwork. I’ll bring them sparkling wine in the evening because I skipped the task and came to blabber with you here. So thank you very much.

You’re welcome.
- I didn’t thank you!

Now it’s time to go to voice.fi/ensireaktio and vote whether the song is good or not.
- Thank you too.

Thank you too, Jonsu.


*) I’m not sure if Jonsu meant 500 meters per taxi or 500 meters together by the two taxis, but according to Google Maps, the trip from Helsingin rautatieasema (the railway station) to Tallberginkatu 1 C (the studio) is 3.6 km by car or 2.6 km by foot, so she must have run at least 1.5 km unless she underestimated the distance travelled by taxis.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Tue 7. Jan 2014, 16:40 
Offline
Administrator / Watchlord
Administrator / Watchlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29. Aug 2011, 14:59
Posts: 383
Location: 'Murica
Niko wrote:
You’re welcome.
- I didn’t thank you!


#ohsnap #burnt #rekt #shutdown #shotsfired :lol:

_________________
Image
Image
Image
(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Thu 16. Jan 2014, 12:57 
Offline
Archivist
Archivist
User avatar

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 13:27
Posts: 538
Location: Ukraine
Niko, thanks a LOT!

Quote:
I wanted to ponder in the text whether a complete monogamy is a natural state for a human being or just a generally preferred way to live in a relationship in our society. I also wanted to ponder the conflicting will of people: jealousy and the need for freedom, the need to hold on and let go at the same time.” Well, you just told that you haven’t found the answer to that question…
- Let’s say that during my relatively short life I’ve already lived in a few different kinds of relationships and I can’t tell that one of them would more correct than the others. But for some reason, I’m a bit afraid of the relationships in which people are extremely jealous and claim that even thinking about someone else is sin and a very bad thing. I believe that most people think at least sometimes someone else.


yeah, Jonsu got very original ideas. emmmm.... The same with me. And I agree with her.

Hovinarri wrote:
Uusimmassa Suessa on aukeaman mittainen juttu Indicasta. Uudet keltaiset promokuvat koristavat myös lehden etu-ja takakansia. Lehden voi lukea illmaiseksi Suen nettisivuilta osoitteesta http://www.sue.fi.


or here http://www.lehtiluukku.fi/pub?id=42452

thanks for the link, will anybody translate this?

_________________
Image
Image
Image

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)


My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Fri 17. Jan 2014, 20:02 
Offline
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas
User avatar

Joined: Mon 20. Jun 2011, 09:40
Posts: 31
Location: Poland
And one more interview to translate:

http://m.iltalehti.fi/viihde/2014011717937091_vi.shtml

_________________
Polish forum about Indica:

http://indicafans.pun.pl/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Thu 23. Jan 2014, 21:50 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Jonsu was interviewed on television today in the program called Puoli Seitsemän. I can translate the interview later.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Fri 24. Jan 2014, 03:55 
Offline
Administrator / Watchlord
Administrator / Watchlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29. Aug 2011, 14:59
Posts: 383
Location: 'Murica
Ooooh, please do. This looks like a good one.

_________________
Image
Image
Image
(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Sat 25. Jan 2014, 18:30 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Here's my translation of the interview with Jonsu in Puoli Seitsemän. M means the male interviewer Mikko and E means the female interviewer Ella.


M: Our guest is Indica’s figurehead and songwriter Johanna “Jonsu” Salomaa. Welcome.
Jonsu: Thank you very much.

M: I’m glad that you came.
Jonsu: It was my pleasure.

E: About 3000 students applied to Aalto University and 250 got in. You are one of them. M: Congratulations. E: Congratulations.
Jonsu: Thank you.

E: You are studying business economics.
Jonsu: That’s true. A musical fury gave me motivation for this.

E: As a musician, how does it feel to study the basics of business economics?
Jonsu: It’s very interesting. I believe I’ve learned to focus, which is useful in music too. I’ve learned a lot there. I haven’t regretted it at all.

M: What is “a musical fury”?
Jonsu: Our new album Shine and Akvaario that will be released tomorrow… we had a little mess with contracts and the negotiations took half a year. The album was on hold and we didn’t know if we could ever publish it. And I was thinking: “What should we do now? I could go sour or use the crisis as a stimulus. So, the next time I’m negotiating with some German manager, I will be smarter than he will ever be.” At the moment, I’m on a business jurisprudence course.

M: That’s cool. Soon you’ll found your own record label. You would be the boss.
Jonsu: We will see. I’m not sure if it would be a good idea to found a record label in the current state of music business, but maybe I’ll do something else in that scene.

E: *introduces the recycling story*

- - -

E: You and your friends have swap meets at home. What kinds of sessions are they?
Jonsu: I was flapping myself because I felt so hot. Well, when my friends are coming to visit me, I tend to place some stuff at the entry and ask them to take them when they leave. And usually someone takes them. The last time I was visiting Heini with our drummer Laura and we nicked all her old clothes.

E: Just like that?
Jonsu: Yeah, just like that. Well, we had her permission to do that. But it works.

M: What stuff do you ask people to take away?
Jonsu: All kinds of stuff I can find: cosmetics, clothes, but not many instruments. I haven’t dared to give them away. I also give books away sometimes.

E: You took one important item with you. Did you find it in a flea market, or where did you get it?
Jonsu: I didn’t find this myself. Two Russian fans gave this to me a couple of months ago after a gig. This is very cool, Wuthering Heights from the year 1860. I was surprised when I noticed that the author isn’t Emily Brontë but Ellis Bell. But the reason is that those days women didn’t dare to publish books with their own names because of prejudice. This book is ancient and it has nice notes.

E: Have you dared to open it?
Jonsu: I’ve browsed it carefully. I have to read it some day, but I have to do it carefully because this looks like it can break in your hands.

M: But it’s an important book to you.
Jonsu: Yes it is because the characters of Wuthering Heights, Scarlett and… Oh my God, I have to keep my mouth shut, I got confused. I lied. I was speaking about the wrong characters and wrong song. So, the next question please.

E: So, you came here to tell lies?
Jonsu: Yeah, I came here to lie.

M: It’s all right, charming.
Jonsu: There are no characters of Wuthering Heights in our songs. Our song has the characters of Gone with the Wind. These characters are in Kate Bush’s song. I got confused.

M: You’ve recently moved away from the noisy city to countryside, to a duplex house, which is far from the centre of the city.
Jonsu: That’s how old age begins.

M: Is it a sign of that?
Jonsu: I think moving to countryside means that. Well, the biggest problem in the city was that it was very difficult to make music there. When I played keyboards lightly and nicely at half past six, someone came immediately to bang the door asking: “Do you have to do that?”

M: Is it another sign of getting old?
Jonsu: I think it is. I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve been forgetting things lately. For example, I lost my wallet yesterday. I don’t know. I have to look deeply in the mirror when I’m at home.

M: Absent-mindedness, feelings of hotness, feeling of becoming a grown-up… What could cause all these things?
Jonsu: No! I don’t think this is what you are thinking.

E: What are we thinking?
Jonsu: I don’t know, but I felt that you suspect that I’m pregnant. But I don’t think that’s the reason.

M: Do you admit it?
Jonsu: No, I don’t. Indica has had two babies already and I think that’s enough for a while.

E: *introduces the yeast art story*

- - -

Minttu: Can you recognize this yeast face?
M: Who is it? E: I can’t quite recognize it. M: Kekkonen? Sibelius? E: Who is it?
Minttu: This is obvious. It’s Mikko, the old yeast face.
M: Well, it looks similar indeed when you look at it carefully.
Minttu: I admit that this was my first yeast artwork. If I made it again, I’d make the template with negative colours. Then the yeast would have made it in the opposite way it’s in this photo and the result could be more accurate.
M: I look younger in that yeast picture.
Minttu: You can keep it.

E: Jonsu, you are a gifted artist, but you’ve said that drawing isn’t your strongest ability. Now you are drawing Mikko anyway.
Jonsu: Yeah. This picture became surprisingly good. The only problem is that I tried to draw dimples, but…

E: Show it to us.
Jonsu: …but this looks like you have small pieces of thin moustache. You seem to have more moustache, so I’ll draw some more.

E: Which one looks better, Mikko? Minttu’s or Jonsu’s artwork.
Jonsu: Yours is very good, Minttu. So, I don’t think I can compete with you.

M: They both are very important to me. Thank you. E: Unique pieces. M: I just don’t know from which direction of this yeast art I’m supposed to watch.
Minttu: I admit that it grew a bit too much. I placed a plastic layer on top of it in order to make them stop growing, but apparently the yeast has grown a bit anyway.
Jonsu: I was wondering the smell in the studio when I arrived, but now I know what it is.

E: This is BioArt. You can also use other materials than yeast.
Minttu: As mentioned in the clip, you can use bacteria too. BioArt includes environmental art such as wood structures, but it can include some hard-core bio technology too. You can clone things or make tissue cultures from stem cells. You can make all kinds of crazy stuff. One good example is the piece called Victimless Leather, which was made to question whether it’s right to kill animals in order to have leather products. They placed tissue to grow on a supporting network. The tissue had been created from the stem cells of a mouse. They keep growing and growing. Then they added bone cells of a human and the result was a thing that looks like a miniature leatherjacket, a jacket for Barbie. We should have a photo of it.

M: There’s the photo.
Minttu: Yeah. There’s the jacket.

E: What do you think about it, Jonsu?
Jonsu: It looks rough. But it’s a good thought to protect animals and avoid hurting them. But when you start growing those kinds of things… I wonder, at what point does it develop a brain and soul. Or can it have a brain and soul? These are difficult questions. Some claim that even tomatoes have feelings, so I suppose everyone has to draw their personal limits somewhere.
Minttu: Exactly. This piece was on display in a modern art museum in New York. People felt it was disgusting and said: “This is wrong.” But the same people accept keeping animals in bad conditions and killing them in vain.
Jonsu: Quickly thinking, this seems better than killing and skinning real animals.
E: Minttu, please take these yeasts away.

M: When it comes to piece of art… E: Indica will release two new albums tomorrow. One of them is a Finnish album called Akvaario, which is for the domestic market. And there’s an English album Shine for the rest of Europe. M: Let’s watch and listen to new Indica, the new music video Älä Kanna Pelkoa.

- - -

E: What? Where are all the fairies, pixies and monsters of the forest?
Jonsu: We felt that we wanted to write more realistic and direct songs about life. We had made six fairy albums already, so now we wanted to make something else. This is an album of love and deterioration.

M: I’ve heard that you were the last fairy in your band, the last one who supported it.
Jonsu: Yeah. The girls said already a couple of years ago: “Jonsu, you’re almost 30. You can’t wear those clothes. Come on, look in the mirror!” And I was likE: “Why not?” But we’ll see what’s going to happen with the next album. Our style has always been based on the message, the contents of the songs. And now it’s like that.

E: So, one of the albums is in Finnish, Akvaario, and the other one is in English, Shine. One is for European market and the other for Finnish market. Do they both have the same songs?
Jonsu: Two songs are different and the Finnish album Akvaario includes two acoustic songs.

M: *In English* And why is this English version of the album called Shine? Why is it not Aquarium?
Jonsu: Because there was almost a two-year gap, one and half years, between writing those albums. When we were making Shine, I had completely different themes in my mind. It wasn’t the love and deterioration era yet. So, a human mind can change surprisingly much in one and half years. And, the album won’t be released on Spotify yet, so I recommend everyone to buy it in a shop tomorrow.

M: Which one of these is better?
Jonsu: It’s hard to say. It depends on which language you prefer. Akvaario feels more current to me because I wrote its lyrics last summer, but the “historical” one is equally good. It just feels a bit more distant to me.

E: Your German record label Nuclear Blast would have preferred you to continue in gothic style. What do you think the gothic scene thinks about your new albums?
Jonsu: It’s going to be perplexing because this is a pop album and most of the promotion I’ve done abroad has been in metal or gothic magazines. And my last interview tomorrow will be for the music department of Mexican Playboy, so I’ve no idea what’s going to happen to us abroad.

M: I have to reveal one thing. The English album includes a sticker that says…
Jonsu: Please don’t read it.

M: I can’t stop anymore. “Melancholic fairy pop from Finland with sex appeal and a rocking punch.”
Jonsu: I got that album today and thought: “Oh, there’s a marketing phrase. Awesome.”

M: You tried to rip the sticker off a while ago.
Jonsu: Yes I did. I wouldn’t have wanted you to see it.

E: So, in Europe this album is marketed by sex appeal?
Jonsu: Apparently so. I wonder how it’s sold in Finland. In fact, the gig agent told me that one of our gigs will be at Turku Cathedral, so it’s difficult to see where Indica is going. We don’t know even ourselves.

M: *introduces the pipe organ story*

- - -

E: Jonsu, you’re a violinist and played the violin for the first time as a four-year-old.
Jonsu: Yeah. This was my first violin.

M: It’s cute.
Jonsu: At that point, my friends and I though that the most interesting thing in a violin is to find out what parts of a violin you can eat and what it smells like.

M: Eat? Have you gnawed it?
Jonsu: When we were kids we liked to gnaw it, but it has survived quite well.

M: Quite well indeed, unlike the old violin you brought with you. E: How old is it?
Jonsu: This one is 260 years old. It was manufactured in Prague and it has been in Indica’s concerts for the past ten years, but its neck has got broken two times when we’ve dropped it.

E: So, you handle the oldster very roughly.
Jonsu: Yeah. Its living standard has downgraded a bit because I heard that it used to belong to a musician of the Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra. It may have been treated better those days.

M: Aren’t those old violins incredibly expensive?
Jonsu: Well, the value of this violin has probably collapsed because of the two neck accidents.

M: Why does the violin have to be old? Why does it sound better than a new one?
Jonsu: Why does it sound better? You should ask some violin maker. But usually the sound of wood changes over time. But it wasn’t… When I tested various violins in a violin shop I just fell in love with this one. It sounded my violin.

E: Since Indica has now a new style whatever it will be… M: Sex appeal with a rocking punch. E: The perplexing new style, how does it affect… Will you still play the violin in concerts? And if you do, will you sit on your heels when you play it?
Jonsu: I don’t know. I have to think about it. The tour begins only on the 7th of February at Hotel Vantaa and – this is an advertisement – the album release concert will be on the 28th of February at Bar Loose. I have to ask the violin. I think it’s so old-fashioned that it won’t accept [being played in a sexy position].

M: So, you have to obey the oldster. E: Thank you for the visit, Jonsu. M: Thank you. E: I wish success for both of your albums.
Jonsu: Thank you very much.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Sat 25. Jan 2014, 21:07 
Offline
Administrator / Watchlord
Administrator / Watchlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29. Aug 2011, 14:59
Posts: 383
Location: 'Murica
Thank you!

_________________
Image
Image
Image
(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Mon 3. Feb 2014, 12:37 
Offline
Archivist
Archivist
User avatar

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 13:27
Posts: 538
Location: Ukraine
Dear Finnish forumites, will you be so kind to translate the last Indica interviews and other stuff? I understand, that there is a lot info now, but if you do it little by little, we’ll be very grateful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zklmflM ... e=youtu.be
(or here - http://www.voice.fi/audiovideo/musiikki/50/12550)

http://www.anna.fi/annakka/jonsu-aloiti ... niavuoden/

http://www.voice.fi/musiikki/indica-vai ... ia/1/58086

http://m.mtv.fi/uutiset/viihde/musiikki/2014/01/1854912

http://www.radiosuomipop.fi/#!/esiintyja/Indica

http://metro.fi/paakaupunkiseutu/uutise ... huolestua/

https://www.radionova.fi/musiikki/uutis ... 30473.html

http://ylex.yle.fi/ylex-areena/play/2150571

http://www.ruutu.fi/ohjelmat/kolmenkymp ... -albumilla
there seems to be the second part, I cannot find it…

btw, can somebody grab and download videos on youtube? I failed to do this, except one (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zklmflM ... e=youtu.be)

_________________
Image
Image
Image

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)


My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Mon 3. Feb 2014, 15:46 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
I've considered to translate next the Ylen Aamu-TV interview. In that one, Jonsu tells some details about studying, the contract issues etc. And the Sue magazine interview Miss_Anna is translating is definitely worth translating.

About the rest, I have to check them out first and find out which ones contain new information. Sorry, but I'm not going to upload any videos on YouTube.

By the way, if someone wonders in which school Jonsu actually studies (Aalto University or School of Business), I can tell that the school's full name is the Aalto University School of Business.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Mon 3. Feb 2014, 23:24 
Offline
Addicted
Addicted

Joined: Sun 14. Apr 2013, 22:57
Posts: 19
Location: Ukraine
Severus wrote:
can somebody grab and download videos on youtube?

I downloaded few videos on my channel


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Tue 4. Feb 2014, 00:37 
Offline
Archivist
Archivist
User avatar

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 13:27
Posts: 538
Location: Ukraine
Hjus wrote:
Severus wrote:
can somebody grab and download videos on youtube?

I downloaded few videos on my channel


thanx a lot! What programme did you use?

one more http://issuu.com/metro_finland/docs/201 ... i_helsinki

scan - http://imgur.com/shSb4U9

_________________
Image
Image
Image

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)


My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Tue 4. Feb 2014, 01:45 
Offline
Addicted
Addicted

Joined: Sun 14. Apr 2013, 22:57
Posts: 19
Location: Ukraine
Severus wrote:
What programme did you use?

StreamTransport


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Tue 4. Feb 2014, 20:10 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Here’s my translation of the interview with Jonsu in Ylen Aamu-TV on the 27th of January 2014. Apparently before the interview there has been news about the Grammy award the Minnesota Orchestra (conducted by Finnish Osmo Vänskä) received.


Our guest is Johanna Salomaa or Jonsu from Indica. Good morning and welcome.
- Good morning. Thank you.

What do you think about the sound of the Grammy winners?
- They sounded good. And it’s great that a Finn got a Grammy award. No Finnish pop band has got it yet, but we’re working on it.

Working for a Grammy is a good goal. You released an album last Friday after a four-year break. And it has English and Finnish versions. Why two versions? Do you have a Grammy in your mind?
- Grammy wasn’t the first thing in our mind when we made this, although any artist would welcome a Grammy award, but we have to work a bit more in order to get it. The biggest reason was the fans. We released our first English album A Way Away… in 2010 if I remember correctly. And then the fans divided into two groups. Some preferred the Finnish material and the others the English material, so we decided to let them choose this time.

World has changed a lot in four years. How about music business? How has it felt to return after a four-year break?
- It has changed a lot and music business is in a big crisis because albums don’t sell anymore. I think that the listeners have a different role today. Anyone can listen to music for free on Spotify, but when you buy an album you support the band and encourage them to make a new album. Probably every artist knows that the Spotify incomes are so small that no one can live only by them.

So, your salary comes from gigs?
- Yeah, from gigs, album sales, radio playing and royalties.

Your album almost got cancelled. There were disagreements. What happened?
- We had a mess with a couple of contracts. You can’t blame any particular person for it. We just had been careless and hadn’t signed a couple of contracts. And we ended up realizing that the album was ready, but the participants of those contracts refused to sign the same contract. So, the album was on hold half a year and we wondered if it would ever be published.

What kinds of disagreements did you have?
- The disagreements related to copyrights and budgets, standard business stuff. It took half a year and then we managed to make a good compromise.

You’ve told that during those six months you started to long for a plan B. And you did something for it. Could you tell us what you did?
- I applied to the Aalto University, to study business economics. And now I’ve pondered in autumn how to combine these two worlds. Sometimes I don’t have enough time for both. I did this because we had been making the album for three years and then we suddenly ended up in the situation that the album might never be published. I started to think: “If we can’t release it, what would I do if I didn’t make music?” And I realized that with a high school diploma and some music studies I wouldn’t have many options when applying for a job. In a way, I had earlier always thought that business side of my work doesn’t concern me and wanted to be just an artist. And for the first time my lack of understanding the economics became an obstacle for making music. It imprisoned me. So, it’s very useful to understand the business side too. It gives you more freedom.

So, in a way that situation led you to study the economics it in order to handle it too. But you can’t enter the School of Business just like that. It’s a struggle to get in there. How did you do it? Many people are right now in the end of January studying for the entrance exams.
- I went to the Supermaster preparation course. And I was told right away: “If you intend to study less than 500 hours, don’t even bother to come to this course.” And I was like: “Okay” and marked the requirement to my notebook. And you had to study a lot indeed. I probably studied those 500 hours. And since I had graduated from high school already ten years ago, I didn’t have the studying routine anymore. So, I had to work for it. I decided to find out if I could make it. Besides, in high school I was so focused to music that my high school grades didn’t give me very good bonus points. But fortunately my work paid off.

How did you make notes? Did you draw some pictures?
- Yeah. I realized that it was very difficult to remember some details because I didn’t have the routine. And I wasn’t sure that I would succeed and started to ponder: “What am I good at? What have I done during the past ten years?” And I realized that I had practised my creativity during those years. So, my studying technique was to draw, for example, cartoons and body paintings. I did anything that inspired me. I believe that everyone has a personal way of learning that helps you learn anything and make yourself interested about anything. So, I suggest finding your own learning method.

That’s a very good tip. So, the doors opened to you and… you decided to party when you received the thick envelope from the university. What did you do?
- In the summer, after the entrance exams, I started to write the lyrics of our new album. And Akvaario has a theme of love and deterioration, so I tested what it feels like being “14 years old” again, not worrying about anything and hanging out in parks into the small hours. It felt wonderful for three months.

Three months? In my opinion, it’s a long period living like that.
- Yeah. Then came the autumn and darkness, and I realized that I should do something else. I had to record one album, start promoting two albums and begin the studies, so I had to give up partying. I tested it enough in summer.

How did you manage to do the transition?
- It went well. I like to do things in my life intensively. It was the summer of love and deterioration, and now I’m having a year of harmony. We’ll see how it goes.

So, you’ve changed your daily routines. The summer was hectic, in autumn you worked hard, and now you have a harmony project going on. What does it include?
- I noticed that you can’t live all the time at the expense of your wellbeing. In autumn, I lived by coffee and sugar and never had time for sport. I wondered how it was possible because people have 16 hours a day for activities. You can’t claim that you don’t have time for yourself because you have a lifetime relationship with your body. So I decided that I won’t give up sport or sleep all the time, but something else. I thought that I should work eight hours a day and do what I can in that time.

And for the rest of the day you’ll listen to your body and take care of yourself?
- Yeah.

There has been a lot of talk in Finland about many young people becoming marginalized. They can’t create the routines needed in order to apply to a school or for a job. What tips could you give those people? Some of them may be your fans. How to start?
- For those who have become marginalized… Personally I think in difficult situations that if you’ve done something, say, for five years and it hasn’t paid off, try something different. And remember that whenever you make a change, even if it’s a positive change, it may feel difficult at first because the brain always tries to return to the previous state. So you have to practise your new routine for a long time, and at some point it starts to feel your thing. And for the nation, the community in which we are living, we should have more community spirit here. If we see that someone has become marginalized or is having a bad time, people should have the courage to intervene. I feel that the Finns have the attitude that intervening to other people’s life is impolite. I’d hope that we would consider this nation a bit like a large family.

I hope that’s going to happen. I browsed some old articles about you. You’re a decisive person. When you decide to do something, you’ll do it. About ten years ago you stated: “I’d like to figure out how to make the next gig always better than the previous.” Have you learnt to do that?
- It’s a good goal, but I haven’t figured it out. Of course you have to aim higher and higher as an artist, but everyone has setbacks from time to time. So, I’d say to the ten years younger Jonsu that it’s better to learn to accept that sometimes you fail and sometimes you succeed because that’s how life goes. Just remember that “the only way is up” (Suunta On Vain Ylöspäin), as we sing on Akvaario.

That’s so true. It’s a good advice. What kinds of goals or dreams does Indica have for next year, or this year?
- This is interesting time for us because now we’ve made a Finnish album after a long break. So, we’ll have a tour in Finland and it begins in one and half weeks at Hotel Vantaa…

That’s during the Olympic Games.
- Yeah. Let’s see if we have a chance to follow the Olympics. But what goals do we have? I feel that at the moment I live day by day. We’ll find out where Indica is wanted, where we are invited to have a gig, and we’ll certainly be there.

Great, I wish you luck.
- Thank you very much.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Wed 5. Feb 2014, 18:23 
Offline
True Indican
True Indican

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 14:57
Posts: 112
Location: Helsinki, Finland
I've now checked the untranslated interviews. I'll translate next The Voice interview. If someone wants to help me with the translations, feel free to choose any other interview from that list. Just let me know if you do.

Here are my quick comments of the interviews:

Iltalehti (text)
http://m.iltalehti.fi/viihde/2014011717937091_vi.shtml
- not a lot of new information

The Voice (video)
http://www.voice.fi/audiovideo/musiikki/50/12550
- a good interview; new details about working in the studio etc.

http://www.voice.fi/musiikki/indica-vai ... ia/1/58086
- a summary of the interview above

Anna (text)
http://www.anna.fi/annakka/jonsu-aloiti ... niavuoden/
- some new information about the "burn out"

Radio Suomipop (audio)
http://d3gp4w2ehhmzn0.cloudfront.net/1390469973839.mp3
http://d3gp4w2ehhmzn0.cloudfront.net/1390470114922.mp3
- a good interview; comments about facebook etc.

http://www.radiosuomipop.fi/#!/esiintyja/Indica
- a short video clip of the interview above

Metro (text)
http://metro.fi/paakaupunkiseutu/uutise ... huolestua/
- not a lot of new information

http://issuu.com/metro_finland/docs/201 ... i_helsinki
- the same interview as above

Radio Nova (audio)
https://www.radionova.fi/musiikki/uutis ... 30473.html
- they discuss mainly about partying and the year of harmony
- the text on the same page is a summary

Loop (video)
http://www.loop.fi/#!/esiintyja/Indica
- not a lot of new information

http://www.ruutu.fi/ohjelmat/kolmenkymp ... -albumilla
- the same as one of the Loop videos

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Wed 5. Feb 2014, 19:25 
Offline
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican
User avatar

Joined: Mon 10. Dec 2012, 16:47
Posts: 156
Location: Tampere, Finland
There's also the Soundi interview (no free links) where Jonsu talks at least about the next music video and sexuality in music. I'll probably translate it one day.

_________________
The dead have peace.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Copyright © Indica-Fans.net - Masthead Indica-Fans.net: Masthead Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group