It is currently Wed 18. Oct 2017, 16:41

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Media
PostPosted: Mon 30. Jun 2014, 12:32 
Archivist
Archivist

was it translated already? http://www.radiosuomipop.fi/#!/post/52e ... 0200000002

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Mon 30. Jun 2014, 17:05 
Administrator / Watchlord

It won't play for me in the US. Just fyi.

(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory

PostPosted: Tue 1. Jul 2014, 18:18 
True Indican
True Indican

The translation is here.

I don't think the interview is geoblocked. I tested it using a VPN with a US server. The radio channel's website doesn't seem to work on Firefox at the moment, but on IE and Chrome it works just fine.

PostPosted: Sat 5. Jul 2014, 15:57 
Archivist
Archivist

a review of A Way Away in BMA magazine May 2010. Page 38.

http://issuu.com/bmamagazine/docs/book_349

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"

PostPosted: Sun 6. Jul 2014, 12:55 
Archivist
Archivist

something here http://issuu.com/metro_finland/docs/201 ... i_helsinki page 15-16

channel Nelonen 19-30 (in the centre on the right page)
Quote:
Indica-yhtyeen Jonsu valmisttaa vierailleen kasvisruokaillallisen. Jonsu on tosin tottuneempi säveltämään studiossa kuin kiettiössä.

some cooking show?

something here http://www.lapsbasso.com/?group=1&page=2

PostPosted: Mon 7. Jul 2014, 11:40 
True Indican
True Indican

The cooking show is the old episode of Neljän Tähden Illallinen ("Four Star Dinner"). Once shown on tv again, those old episodes might be available on ruutu.fi for a while. If they are published online, they will be geoblocked, but if someone wants to try to watch them anyway, I suggest trying the free version of CyberGhost VPN. It includes one Finnish server.

Lapsbasso is JED's (Jonsu & Emppu Duo) booking agent.

EDIT: I just realized that the cooking show link refers to an old tv schedule, so those episodes aren't coming back online any time soon.

PostPosted: Wed 9. Jul 2014, 02:04 
Addicted
Addicted

Here is some old interview.

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jul 2014, 13:45 
True Indican
True Indican

Thank you for the link. The interview is from the Kadonnut Puutarha era, apparently broadcast on the 28th of March in 2007. The video begins in the middle of a sentence, so some of it is missing from the beginning.

Jonsu: …and we wanted to include a leading thread that combines the album together. Sound wise it’s my favourite album.
Jenny: And there’s more space in arrangements. We are very satisfied with the album.

Your music has been described as mystic-romantic pop/rock. Did you invent the description yourself or have all journalists just started to call your music that?
Jonsu: It was invented when we gave our first interview for… perhaps it was Iltasanomat… in 2004. The journalist classified us a mystic-romantic band and we’ve got stuck with that. In my opinion, it’s very difficult to define your own music. It’s nice that others do it for us.

Are you interested about mysticism?
Jonsu: Yeah.
Jenny: It’s enthralling.
Jonsu: Jenny is mystic and I’m romantic.
Jenny: That’s where it comes from.

So, are you creeping in your apartment at nights?
Jenny: Yes, I tend to howl at the moon etc.
Jonsu: She also practises spiritism.
Jenny: Yeah. *smiles*

You are known from your image: your costumes, hairstyle, and make-up. Isn’t it hard to put all that on every day when you’re on tour?
Jenny: I don’t think so. In my opinion, it’s part of our thing. We have the attitude that when we perform music we do it properly.
Jonsu: Visual stuff is important in gigs. And putting that skirt on is as easy as putting a night-dress on.

What would happen if you had to perform wearing sweatpants?
Jonsu: Nothing special.

Could you do that?
Jonsu: It would be a normal gig, except that we would maybe look a bit uglier. But other than that it would be a similar gig than the others.

Are sweatpants ugly? I like to wear them.
Jonsu: I don’t know.
Jenny: I like to wear them too. But we have the certain image and we follow it strictly. We enjoy wearing the costumes we have on stage. They create the right atmosphere and feeling for what we do there.

What do you want to say with your music since it has all that mysticity and romanticism?
Jonsu: I think the most important thing is that it allows people to escape from the ordinary life and have some fairy tales and magic in their mind for a while. It’s… I’d like to enter a witch school. My biggest dream is to learn to cast spells perfectly. I’m training, but I’m still a beginner.
Jenny: Let’s test your magic tricks on the forthcoming gigs.
Jonsu: I’m going to conjure our drummer quieter on the next gig.
Jenny: That would be a handy spell.

Britney Spears cut her hair recently. What kinds of role models do you want to be to your fans?
Jonsu: I think you should be honestly what you are. Some like you and some don’t.
Jenny: There’s no need to try to be very exemplary. If someone wants identify with us, that’s great.
Jonsu: We try to leave our worst messes out of the magazines.

Do people ask you, for example: “Where did you buy that hair dye?”
Jonsu: Sometimes. Our fans ask a lot about our clothes.
Jenny: “Where did you find that?” It’s nice to tell them.

Idols (“Finnish Idol”) is popular at the moment and the winner Ari Koivunen has criticized all kinds of people. Do you ever feel that “I’d so much like to tell that reporter where to go” but you just can’t do that?
Jenny: I don’t remember having that kind of a feeling during these four years.
Jonsu: We don’t have a lot of repressed aggression. Besides, I don’t believe in hate. I’ve always been taught that you shouldn’t be angry for longer than two minutes in a row. After that, you should calm down. It’s true.
Jenny: All reporters have been so nice to us that we haven’t needed to be angry at them.
Jonsu: At least not yet.

We still have one minute left, so let’s see if that changes. We will soon watch your newest video Linnansa Vanki. Could you tell something about it? Was it hard to make?
Jonsu: On this video, it was difficult to be in the right mood because it was filmed against blue screen. So, we made it in the studio.
Jenny: This is our first video that was filmed indoors. And every band member was filmed separately, so we felt a bit lonely there and would have wanted to do it together.
Jonsu: Fortunately they pasted us together at some point. In my opinion, this is our most successful video.
Jenny: Yeah.

Let’s now watch Indica’s new video Linnansa Vanki.

PostPosted: Fri 1. Aug 2014, 22:21 
Archivist
Archivist

Niko, thanx a looot!

Will any volunteer be so kind to translate this DMusic Suomi interview? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ep9F2a ... HoLo_gWwXw

PostPosted: Sat 2. Aug 2014, 16:07 
True Indican
True Indican

Thank you for the link. So, the interview was filmed on the 5th of July in 2014. Here’s my translation.

When was the last time you were here at Aitoon Kirkastusjuhlat?
Jonsu: I think it was nine years ago. That’s when we were here for the first time. We discussed whether we’ve been here more than once before, but at least we were here nine years ago.

Okay. Do you have any memories from your previous visit?
Jonsu: We had a nice party. It was Sirkku’s and her twin sister’s birthday and we ate cake here. In fact, I think my parents were here too. It was a good party.

Have you received messages from foreign fans, such as: “Come to play to my country”?
Jonsu: Yes we have. We receive invitations from around the world. They go through our European gig agent who will handle the requests. If you travel to the other side of the globe, you need to have more than a few fans there.

What kind of feedback have you got from your new Finnish and English songs?
Jonsu: Good feedback, I guess. Let me think… No major complaints. But when we released our previous English album, we received a lot of feedback. The Finnish fans were in panic: “Aren’t you going to release anything in Finnish anymore?” But now everyone was satisfied because we released it in both languages.

Speaking of foreign fans, you toured with Nightwish in 2007 and 2009. How quickly did you write your first English versions of your songs?
Jonsu: We knew about the forthcoming tour about half a year earlier, so we made the lyrics during those six months.

With which song did you work on the most if you compare the 2007 version to the A Way Away version?
Jonsu: It must be Islands of Light, which is the English version of Vuorien Taa. It had several versions of lyrics and arrangements. It was a troublesome song that didn’t find its final form easily.

I thought it must be that because I watched the 2007 version, and years later I also found an early studio version. Did you make it for promotion?
Jonsu: What studio version?

I mean the first English version of Vuorien Taa, Ghosts in a Crowd or something.
Jonsu: Oh, it was the first version, but in the end we weren’t satisfied with it. I don’t know why it was published as a single. Let me think what happened then… I think we were going to the Scandinavian tour and needed to have something ready. But it started to annoy us later and we modified it.

I don’t think it was released in 2007, but later on Spotify.
Jonsu: You’re a precise person. So, has the first version of Islands of Light been released on Spotify?

Yeah, and some fans, indicafans have put it on YouTube too.
Jonsu: Oh no. I haven’t listened to that version ever since. I have to listen to it again.

Even if it hadn’t been released, you wouldn’t have been safe because there is also a recording of it from Kosovo.
Jonsu: It’s a bad thing about releasing music. It will exist forever even if you’re not satisfied with it later. So, you shouldn’t release songs until they are perfect.

I’ll show you some photos of your old stage costumes. Is one of these your favourite?
Jonsu: All those costumes have a story. This costume was made because at one point I wanted to juggle burning torches on stage. Therefore it’s fireproof. But I think that “Jonsu with burning torches” was implemented only on one gig. As an artist, you make little steps to several directions and sometimes you realize that “I don’t want to go there”. So, it was a little false step. This one was one of our first costumes.

I think the photo is from the year 2005.
Jonsu: I can’t decide which one would be my favourite.

My favourite is this costume from 2007.
Jonsu: These were made by Anne-Mari Pahkala from Illusion Costumes.

I remember seeing that name on Internet… what was her name again?
Jonsu: Anne-Mari Pahkala.

“Anne-Mari will make Indica’s costumes for the Elämä Lapselle charity concert.”
Jonsu: She made us a few costumes.

You participated recently in the making of the Velhovaarin Lauluja album, which contains children’s songs. Was it wonderful to write fantasy style lyrics again? Or did you even write any songs for that album?
Jonsu: I wrote the songs that I sing on that album. I think I made two songs. It was fun, a nice project.

Which one is better: Luonto Lepää or Klaaran Laulu?
Jonsu: I don’t know. I should listen to them again first.

How have you spent the beginning of the summer when the weather has been rather cool?
Jonsu: I visited Budapest with my friends last weekend. In midsummer we had free time and I resided in the summer house. So, that’s how I spent my summer.

Are you ever worried that you would get some superior competitor, such as Sarca from Hyvinkää?
Jonsu: Sarca sounds familiar. I wonder if they have performed somewhere with us. I’m not afraid of competition. You just have to do your best in music and if others succeed too, it’s only a good thing.

Are some songs on A Way Away even better than the original Finnish versions?
Jonsu: I suppose some are better. Maybe… No, this one is too difficult. My concentration is already there [on stage].

Text: Thank you for the interview, Jonsu!

Filming: Paavo Mäkinen
The interview: Veikko Paasi

Last edited by Niko on Sun 3. Aug 2014, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 2. Aug 2014, 22:14 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

Niko wrote:
Even if it hadn’t been released, you wouldn’t have been safe because there is also a recording of it… [inaudible]
I have no idea which recording is he talking about, but I think he says "from Kosovo".

PostPosted: Sun 3. Aug 2014, 09:05 
True Indican
True Indican

Thanks, I patched the translation.

Just curious, has anyone found a video of Jonsu with burning torches?

PostPosted: Sun 3. Aug 2014, 10:07 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

I don't think there are such videos. Unless Jonsu is mistaken in the interview, the only gig where the torch number was performed took place on December 11th, 2007, in Teatria (Oulu, Finland) on the first Nightwish tour. A quick YouTube search of it yielded no torchy videos.

PostPosted: Sun 3. Aug 2014, 16:20 
Archivist
Archivist

Niko, thank u very much!

Quote:
With which song did you work on the most if you compare the 2007 version to the A Way Away version?
Jonsu: It must be Islands of Light, which is the English version of Vuorien Taa. It had several versions of lyrics and arrangements. It was a troublesome song that didn’t find its final form easily.

I thought it must be that because I watched the 2007 version, and years later I also found an early studio version. Did you make it for promotion?
Jonsu: What studio version?

I mean the first English version of Vuorien Taa, Ghosts in a Crowd or something.
Jonsu: Oh, it was the first version, but in the end we weren’t satisfied with it. I don’t know why it was published as a single. Let me think what happened then… I think we were going to the Scandinavian tour and needed to have something ready. But it started to annoy us later and we modified it.

I don’t think it was released in 2007, but later on Spotify.
Jonsu: You’re a precise person. So, has the first version of Islands of Light been released on Spotify?

Jonsu: Oh no. I haven’t listened to that version ever since. I have to listen to it again.

Even if it hadn’t been released, you wouldn’t have been safe because there is also a recording of it from Kosovo.
Jonsu: It’s a bad thing about releasing music. It will exist forever even if you’re not satisfied with it later. So, you shouldn’t release songs until they are perfect.

To my mind, Ghosts in a Crowd is lots better than Islands of Light.

PostPosted: Sun 3. Aug 2014, 18:55 

Severus wrote:
To my mind, Ghosts in a Crowd is lots better than Islands of Light.

I agree. I wish we had a full version of Siren Song too. At least we have the spliced together version from Indicana Jones.

Quote:

Sorry, Jonsu. I had to be naughty and get Ghosts in a Crowd. There was no other way :twisted: .
Attachment:
aty68.jpg

I appreciate all the excellent work you guys do. Thank you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Mon 4. Aug 2014, 17:14 

Quote:
I agree. I wish we had a full version of Siren Song too. At least we have the spliced together version from Indicana Jones.

What? You must confuse me with someone. I never posted anything like that...

PostPosted: Mon 4. Aug 2014, 18:44 

Indicana Jones wrote:
Quote:

Oh :oops: ...perhaps you showed it to me. Sorry.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Tue 5. Aug 2014, 17:01 
Archivist
Archivist

Watchlord wrote:
Indicana Jones wrote:
Quote:

Oh :oops: ...perhaps you showed it to me. Sorry.

it was Wishmaster.

PostPosted: Tue 5. Aug 2014, 18:47 

Severus wrote:
it was Wishmaster.

Oh, thank you, Wishmaster. :oops: I should just keep my mouth shut and stick to the technical stuff :roll: . Carry on.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Tue 12. Aug 2014, 13:03 

Interview 17.11.2004 for Turun Sanomat
http://www.ts.fi/teemat/treffi/1074007555/Peter+Pan+naisen+asussa

Another one: http://www.ts.fi/viihde/1074048198/Indica+ja+Peter+Panics+kohtasivat+Relaxissa
And a whole bunch wchich is ununderstandable for someone who's not speaking Finnish. If you find something interesting let us know. http://www.ts.fi/haku?q=indica

http://www.jonsu-indicaband.blogspot.com - 1st Polish blog about INDICA/ 1. Polski blog o zespole INDICA
http://jonsuindicaoutfits.webs.com/ - The only fansite about Jonsu's outfits!/ Jedyna strona internetowa na temat strojów Jonsu!

PostPosted: Wed 15. Oct 2014, 12:06 
Archivist
Archivist

Telajel wrote:
Interview 17.11.2004 for Turun Sanomat
http://www.ts.fi/teemat/treffi/1074007555/Peter+Pan+naisen+asussa

Another one: http://www.ts.fi/viihde/1074048198/Indica+ja+Peter+Panics+kohtasivat+Relaxissa
And a whole bunch wchich is ununderstandable for someone who's not speaking Finnish. If you find something interesting let us know. http://www.ts.fi/haku?q=indica

so. nobody will translate it, won't he/she?

and this, too
Quote:

Day For Failure Inteview 2014

http://vimeo.com/108714449

PostPosted: Sun 30. Nov 2014, 22:56 
Archivist
Archivist

no translators are left?

Indica in Sue - Magazine at January
Thanks to Akvaario -Indica FanClub for the info!

PostPosted: Fri 5. Dec 2014, 11:51 
True Indican
True Indican

I can translate that Stara article. I just considered it "reserved" for Agnes, which caused this little delay.

PostPosted: Sun 7. Dec 2014, 10:55 
True Indican
True Indican

Okay, here's my translation of the article in Stara, which was published in February 2014.

From Ikuinen Virta to Akvaario

Indica that released its debut album ten years ago has travelled a long journey from teenage years to adulthood. The all-girl band that has become a group of true musicians returned to their roots, to the fountainhead of the “eternal stream” (Ikuinen Virta) with the album that was released in January. However, the journey to Akvaario was turbulent.

Let’s go back in time to the moment when Indica’s redheaded singer and figurehead Johanna “Jonsu” Salomaa was a little fan of classical music. As a little girl Jonsu’s biggest idols were Mozart and Chopin. She composed her own mini symphonies and wondered how Mozart had managed to create his masterpieces in such a young age.
- I remember how I used to think as a kid that if I didn’t become a musician I couldn’t be happy. I had a very dramatic attitude toward life and I was ready to give everything for the music. Nothing else mattered.

She continued playing art music and met Heini Säisä on violin classes. Jonsu and Heini became friends, and now Heini is Indica’s bassist. In their teenage years they were loyal groupies.
- Indica was born when we were big fans of Otto Grundström, the singer/songwriter of Tehosekoitin. Our primary goal was to hit a rocker. Otto was the target of out daydreams and love. Then we realized that we’d get the chance to meet Otto only if we became rockers too and saw him at the backstage. We thought that living as a musician had to be the coolest thing in the world.

Jonsu who is now 30 years old laughs happily to her teenage years and admits that she never met Otto properly. Her musical goals have changed a lot from those times. She has understood that people can live the normal life and still make music, although it won’t always be easy. Backstage and gigs are only a small fraction of the career.
- Rehearsing and composing take most of musician’s time. The final version of the album is a very small piece of the whole package. You have to enjoy your music also while rehearsing and making it. At the same time you have to be honest to yourself and make the kind of music you feel right.

Indica is known from its lyrics about fantasy world and fairy-like tricks. Especially the first three albums – Ikuinen Virta, Tuuliset Tienoot and Kadonnut Puutarha – contain tragic stories of trolls in a forest, beautiful stories of maids in castles and mystic stories of witches. The imaginative stories are suitable for escaping the ordinary life.

Pop-rock playing Indica released their previous Finnish album Valoissa in 2008. After that the women’s music took a step towards metal and the language was switched to English. A Way Away was born in 2010. Then the fans divided into two groups. Some of them couldn’t stand the language switch and the rest praised the change. Now the band made a compromise with their new album.
- We released Finnish album Akvaario, and in Europe its English version is called Shine. On the new album the music has returned to the roots and the genre is a lot more poppish than the previous, metallic album. We’ve made the latest album completely based on our artistic passion. You have to be honest and faithful to your work. We wanted to use our creativity. We’ve learned to understand how creative work affects to your happiness.
- I believe that if you do in music business something that you don’t feel right and have to fake, it’s a waste of time. That’s why we spent three years making this album. We’ve managed to create music that we truly enjoy. Three years is a very long time, says Jonsu and starts to think.

People who became Indica’s fans ten years ago have grown from teenagers to adults. The new albums have been received well, despite the band changed style and stepped out of the theatrical lady of the castle theme.
- The fans have praised: “Yay, new Finnish material at last!” It has been quite some time from the previous one. And now these fans are old enough to come to bars, says Jonsu and blinks her eye.

Although Indica’s fans and genre have changed over the years, there is one thing that remains – the band. The members of Indica used to be a group of friends and the bond hasn’t broken even under the biggest crises, although it has been close to that. How can five women get along with each other for years without huge PMS tantrums and drama that’s bigger than life?
- We are very good friends, but I could describe our history as a long relationship between five people. We’ve had crises and we’ve also had heydays. Now everything is very well, although making the latest album was a big challenge, reveals Jonsu.

The latest recording session was hard for the band. It included several troubles regarding to music or music industry. There were contract issues, the keyboardist broke her wrist and the gig agent changed in a critical moment.
- While making the latest album, one of the difficulties was working with a German producer because the production was done in two countries. It was the most challenging when I was recording vocals in Germany and the band spent most of that time in Finland. We also had a couple of issues with contracts. We had forgotten to sign a few contracts and there was a big risk that the album would never be released.

The negotiations took half a year, and the band lived all that time in a pressure that they may not ever be able to publish the album for the audience. Fortunately the parties managed to make an agreement and now it’s up to the fans.
- If I compare the current situation to the moment when we started the band, at least my tolerance of pressure has increased. You don’t know yet whether the album will have a breakthrough, but at least we’ve tried our best, says Jonsu and gives a laugh.

Akvaario and Shine have the same compositions, but the topics and worlds of the lyrics are very different. Shine had been ready for a long time before Jonsu started to write the Finnish lyrics. Akvaario’s lyrics were born last summer. Her life situation changed remarkably between Shine and Akvaario, which is one of the reasons why the lyrics are from so different worlds. There has been revolutionary things inside the band too because two of the members have become a mother.

Indica’s women have become so attached to each other over the years that they can even interpret each other’s emotions from small hints in the face. Besides Jonsu and Heini, the band includes keyboardist Sirkku Karvonen, guitarist Jenny Mandelin and drummer Laura Häkkänen.
- It’s cool to know the others so well that you know everyone’s temper. It’s incredible that I can see, for example, from Sirkku’s cheek muscles if she has a bad day. Jenny who loves running is a fiery person who may leave any situation slamming the door. Then she comes back as if nothing had happened. For example, once she left for jogging in the middle of an interview in Italy, laughs Jonsu.

- We all have strong characters. I think I’m the one who has learned to receive criticism only recently. I have to admit that earlier I used to get offended much easier. On the other hand, Heini is the one who is in harmony with everyone. Laura is the most technical of us and the most relaxed one. We’ve experienced all kinds of things and we have similar rules in the band as in family: you don’t leave it in trouble and you fight for it.

Indica’s girls are remembered from their ambitious costumes which include corsets, garters, lace and silk. Many men may visit their gigs mainly for non-musical reasons. Jonsu laughs kindly to the gentlemen who admire the band members.
- The most important thing is that those who come to our gigs get some extra pleasure for their lives. Indica’s style has changed a bit and the new music is happier pop, and that affects the costumes too. Although Indica has musically returned to the early style, we decided to take some distance to fantasies in our lyrics.

The songs on Akvaario are much more realistic than the songs on earlier albums. Jonsu also reveals that the lyrics tell a lot of her own life. In the songs Jonsu describes the thoughts and life situation she had last summer.
- I felt the need to write a lot more directly than earlier, and therefore the visual stuff in concerts is more realistic too. It’s impossible to get completely rid of the Indica standard, but our style has new aspects now.

The first music video of the album was released last year already. On the video of Älä Kanna Pelkoa there is a different kind of Indica, and even some bare skin. In Jonsu’s opinion, sexuality is a natural part of life, and often a part of art too. In some cases nudity may enhance the message, although sometimes it steals the attention. It depends on how you use it.
- Sex appeal is a matter of taste. For example, in my opinion Miley Cyrus’ memorable stunts have been refreshing. I’ve seen a couple of her videos and in my opinion they are entertaining and cool. Especially, Wrecking Ball is a very beautiful music video. In the best cases nudity can bring the performer’s soul closer to the watcher.
- This Miley case has made me think that although there’s a lot of talk about freedom of speech in our society and that it’s okay to be different, in reality it doesn’t always happen. If someone does something unusual, people judge it very strongly, especially in social media, says the beautiful singer of Indica and looks angry.
- In my opinion it’s hypocrite to be terrified if sex is combined with music. In a way, sex has always been a part of rock music. Think about Elvis whose image was highly sexual. In my opinion it’s everybody’s own decision how they want to use their sexuality.

Jonsu underlines that in her opinion sexuality is a very big part of humanity. And music is made by people, so why should sexuality be completely isolated from music?
- Some people simply enjoy nudity more than the others. To each his own, but I’d hope that our society would encourage people to express themselves, as long as they don’t hurt or harm anyone, she states.
- Today a pop or rock musician needs a good self-esteem. Happy people do what they want. You should focus to your own life and make it as good a piece of art as possible.

Jonsu’s own idols have changed over the years. At first, classical music got a competitor from the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Queen. Today her favourite bands are Arcade Fire, Air and Beach House. However, at the rehearsal room in Espoo, Indica plays their own songs three times a week because the band is having a tour. The first gig was on the 7th of February at Hotelli Vantaa and the album release concert will be on the 28th of February at Bar Loose.
- My dearest song on Akvaario is definitely Savuton Ja Onneton. It’s the first song whose lyrics were written by the whole band. We had a lot of fun while making it because in the beginning the lyrics were just a joke until they got the final form. The lyrics are naive and silly, but they suit perfectly this era. The lyrics are about a tired worker whom a crazy band tries to lure to party and relax.

In Jonsu’s opinion, Indica has found itself, despite the setbacks, although they’ve tried different paths during their career. She says that everyone will at some point face a situation in which it’s necessary to change. Indica will now return to a more laid-back life.
- There were times when we wondered whether this has any sense. A professional musician may become jobless at any time, or you may work for years without making any money. Passion helps forward and makes working enjoyable. When people do what they love to do, passion can only lead them to the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun 7. Dec 2014, 12:51 
Archivist
Archivist

thank you so much, Niko!!!!!

I hope somebody will translate Sue January number, too, though there is a problem - some part of the text is missing... There are some characteristics of the new songs, as I understand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next