It is currently Tue 17. Oct 2017, 23:53

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat 19. Oct 2013, 20:57 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

Yesterday's gig wasn't nearly as expected as the previous ones; a two-week gig break is quite nice compared to almost three months. That did little to deter me from leaving work early to catch the gig. Of course, it was completely pointless, since I would've had ample time anyway. Now I got to sit at the restaurant for hours, watching ice hockey and wondering how much less lively the place would be during the gig. No probs there though, as I thought it was surprisingly nice for a place located in a not-so-great part of town. The stage was even more pathetic than at the other Britannia (Espoo) and could hardly hold two people and their stuff. I think Nickolay recorded the whole gig, but I wouldn't know if he's going to upload it anywhere.

The dance floor (this time there actually was one) in front of the stage remained completely empty for a few songs at the beginning, and even random distant observers seemed few. However, as the gig progressed the enchanting couple lured in a lot of people. I didn't pay the audience that much attention, as the gig was great. Boulevard of Broken Dreams was great. Maailma On Sun was great. Every Indica song (well, maybe not Kummajaisten Joukko) was super. I don't know why they've dropped Bitter Tones Fall from the set list, as I think it works nicely, unlike some of the covers. Between songs they mostly concentrated on alternatively activating and praising the audience. When they left the stage for the first time, there was exceptionally vigorous encouragement from the audience to give an encore. It seemed to me like there was a whole bunch of people who liked what they saw/heard, which is always nice to see. The set list was exactly the same as the last time with Noita for encore.

After the gig I finally got my Sydänten Tiellä (nice song, fantastic vocals) CDS autographed. It also sounded like the new album's recordings should be done by next week.

As usual, even the best of gigs are dwarfed in magnificence by their after-effects. Let's just say this has been one of those days I would live for if I remembered that they actually happen. I may have said some thank yous, but not enough. Never enough.

PostPosted: Mon 21. Oct 2013, 10:10 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

18.10.13. Acoustic gig, Jonsu & Emppu, Bar Britannia. Without first song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFL1wH8m4R8

PostPosted: Mon 21. Oct 2013, 14:16 
Archivist
Archivist

thanx for report and video! and I understand, there will be one more Jonsu & Emppu's gig 30-10 at 21:10
money wil go to charity (helping women who suffer from cancer)

from here - http://vk.com/livefinland?w=wall-49746488_362

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Mon 4. Nov 2013, 13:57 
Archivist
Archivist

no vids / reports of Pinktober gig? Some photos here - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Mon 4. Nov 2013, 14:27 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

Severus wrote:
no vids / reports of Pinktober gig?
'Twas pretty much the same old, except there was a new cover song - Doris - led by Emppu and backed by Jonsu. I thought it was spectacularly good; it's a shame there seems to be no recordings. I think the performers dedicated it to their families who were also present.

After the gig there was an auction (it was a charity event against breast cancer, after all) that included one rather vaguely described box of Indica goodies. I won the rather lame bidding war on it (although there were even more unpopular items; the Gene Simmons signed t-shirts never got a single bid) to find a suitcase edition of AWA, 2x In Passing 7'' promo singles, a keychain, a signed promo photo and a whole bunch of Tiktak singles signed by Emppu and Noora. I gave all the singles away to nice people and kept the rest of the stuff. Now I can only wonder why I've never got an Indica keychain before.

All in all, it was a good ending (assuming it really was the last gig) to an overall spectacular year. I never thought I could be a fan again in all the dimensions of the word, but happily I was wrong.

PostPosted: Fri 15. Nov 2013, 03:32 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

I can't believe how empty the place looks. Were there really that few people there?