It is currently Wed 18. Oct 2017, 00:13

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun 17. Nov 2013, 05:03 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

Himos Areena is a well-known place, but given its nature (it's a part of a ski resort) I kinda doubt its quality as a gig site, especially during the winter holidays. However, I've never been there so I can't really judge. In any case the day is a Saturday, so the gig is too accessible to miss.

Get your tickets here.

See the map here.

PostPosted: Sat 22. Feb 2014, 23:40 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

Set list:

Sun Oma
Suunta On Vain Ylöspäin
Scarlett
Pidä Kädestä
Liian Kaunis Vailla Suuntaa
Tuuliajolla
Valoissa
Noita
Vuorien Taa
Maailma Loppuu
Älä Kanna Pelkoa
Pahinta Tänään
------------
Ikuinen Virta

The size/enthusiasm of the crowd was frighteningly bad. On Friday (the artist of the day was Juha Tapio, who is not that popular) there were more people standing in the queue outside the place when the doors opened than there were in front of the stage halfway through Indica's gig. It also seems the new songs are less than popular, which, given everything (album sales, radio coverage, general lack of interest) is not very surprising. Sure, there were a few people who had actually come to see Indica from over 5km away, but those people ain't going to keep this band going; it's the clueless masses they need to attract. However, at the end of the gig there were people aplenty on the dance floor, so maybe I'm just being overtly negative.

Kudos go to the band for their obvious spunk and energy, and to the gig site for a decent stage and especially PA. I once again thought many of the new songs' live arrangements didn't work as well as they could, most notably Tuuliajolla's (confirmed by arij's vid); somehow the drums in the chorus are simply slaughtering the flow of the song at its crucial moments. I did not like the gig itself much, but both my pre-gig and post-gig emotional states reminded me with crystal clarity why I still follow this band rather determinedly.

Unsurprisingly, the set list was almost a clone of the previous one. I assume that next time the whole Akvaario will be played; it's the release party, after all. I fear that they'll somehow screw up Tuule Tuuli (if they can do it to Tuuliajolla, they can do it to any song), but it's probably a baseless fear.

Only 4 days, 9 hours and change to go. Not that I'm counting.

PostPosted: Sun 23. Feb 2014, 18:00 
Archivist
Archivist

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

thanx a lot to Arij!

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479