It is currently Wed 18. Oct 2017, 00:05

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat 8. Feb 2014, 09:29 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

The 32.5-month wait is finally over. Was it worth it? No, not by a long shot. I basically didn't feel anything during the gig, yet I liked being there; how contradictory is that?

The band was a joy to see. As someone else pointed out, they were quite obviously more than happy to be doing gigs again. Especially Jenny looked like she was having the time of her life, but of course she always (yes, always; it is not an exaggeration) looks like that on stage. Jonsu, in her excitement, got pretty much every imaginable fact wrong during her speeches, but that's par for the course.

The set list was what I expected: only 6 new songs and only 2 of the very best ones. I'd expect a similar layout on the Jämsä gig, and hopefully the whole album in Loose. I don't know what was the big plan with the guitars on Maailma Loppuu, but I was disappointed - guitars are the only part of the song I like, but it seemed that the live version had been stripped of that goodness. I also felt that the arrangements for most new songs were somehow lacking, but I'm pretty sure that was because I was not very high and they are all still so unfamiliar after a dozen listenings or so.

Set list:

Sun oma
Suunta on vain ylöspäin
Scarlett
Pidä kädestä
Tuuliajolla
Nirvanaan
Valoissa
Noita
Vuorien taa
Maailma loppuu
Pahinta tänään
Älä kanna pelkoa
----------------
Ikuinen virta

So, the length of the gigs still isn't increased. You'd think that with this many albums they could play longer than an hour.

Miscellanous information:
-Indica will probably be at Kivenlahti Rock.
-New Shine/Akvaario era t-shirts and stuff should come up for sale this month.

PostPosted: Sat 8. Feb 2014, 17:32 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

Nico wrote:
The 32.5-month wait is finally over.

So that's how long it was? No wonder I felt like I absolutely had to be there even though I was sick with the flu (I hope I didn't give it to anyone else there -- if I did, I think it's not illegal anyway, at least).

Nico wrote:
The band was a joy to see.

I very much agree. A joy to hear too. Hadn't even heard the new albums yet, but I bought them after the gig from the merchandise seller guy for 35 €. Listening right now.

PostPosted: Mon 10. Feb 2014, 10:43 
Archivist
Archivist

Thanx to Ari Juntunen!

Sun oma

phpBB [video]

Nirvanaan

phpBB [video]

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479