Doris
Unihiekkaa
Maailma On Sun
Mad World
Ikuinen Virta
Vettä Vasten
Buddy Holly
Encore: Valoissa

Vuorien Taa and Älä Kanna Pelkoa had been dropped in favor of Pidä Kädestä and Valoissa. I found the latter a bit strange; ÄKP works great with the duo and it was the only new Indica song in the set. Fortunately Valoissa works, too. And I could swear Vuorien Taa was also played, but since it's not on the list I'm probably wrong. Pidä Kädestä seems to retain its quality gig after gig and year after year, so it's more than welcome in any set. There were no weak songs; I liked even Mad World and Buddy Holly, the two songs that should've been dropped eons ago (or never played in the first place). I guess I've been successfully desensitized to them, seeing as they've been in every single JED set ever (as far as I know) except for the one at Piritta.

The setting was a bit different from last time. There was literally no stage this time; basically, it looked like the duo and their instruments had been dumped into the first corner of the bar that had the room for them. Combined with the number of people (I think there were less than 20) it was a somewhat different, more intimate experience. Jonsu commented at some point that it felt like playing in someone's living room. There was one rather enthusiastic woman in the audience who was at some point invited to the upcoming Tavastia gig to keep the audience lively, since she was doing such a good job at it yesterday.

Halfway through the gig I moved to a cubicle immediately to the right of the "stage". I have never experienced such a great spot: the sound was good, the performers were very close (well, at least Jonsu was) yet I could see nobody else and nobody could see me. That kind of sweet isolation is usually only achieved in otherwise unsavory spots. Anyway, it was almost as good as being invisible, which is the way I prefer it. This has to be the perfect way to enjoy a gig.

PostPosted: Sun 30. Mar 2014, 20:43 
Archivist
Archivist

Thanks! any vids / photos?

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479