It is currently Tue 17. Oct 2017, 11:26

All times are UTC

Post subject: JED @ Lahti, 27.2.2015
PostPosted: Sun 1. Mar 2015, 00:33 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

At long last the interminable period without any Jonsu gigs is over. At times I genuinely thought it would not end.

As I arrived to the gig site about an hour before the gig, the place was crowded. The reason for this was it was a pub-like establishment with no entrance fee. Unsurprisingly there was no real stage, just some slightly elevated floor space. During the hour of waiting, the place went from crowded to packed. There were probably around 5 people who had come for the gig, but it also seemed that the place quickly emptied only after JED quit, so I figure people liked what they heard.

JED treated us to a couple of sets, 18 songs in total, separated by a half-hour break. For the life of me I can't figure out the 18th song. I don't think they played Buddy Holly this time. Maybe they only played 17 songs after all, or maybe my brain is malfunctioning. All were old material, except for the Nirvana song.

Boulevard of broken dreams
Pidä kädestä
Unihiekkaa
Ode to my family
Rin Tin Tin (the original by Leevi and the Leavings)
Every you every me
Hollywood
Valoissa
Vettä vasten

Mad world
Heart-shaped box (the original by Nirvana)
Maailma on sun
Kummajaisten joukko
Vuorien taa
Ikuinen virta
Poistuisitko mun elämästäni
Doris

Aside from the two sets, the Nirvana song and the slightly modified PK (the refrain got played an additional time, I think), there were no surprises music-wise. At one point Jonsu demonstrated her great knowledge of Finnish popular music by thinking that the song they played (Poistuisitko mun elämästäni) was made by Juustopäät (a rather short-careered punk band that quit 16 years ago and recently made a come-back) instead of Apulanta (one of the most famous Finnish rock bands of all time), after which she wore Emppu's guitar bag on her head in shame for some time.

When VV started I remember thinking that it really doesn't fit a place like that, since there were dozens of people talking on the background. But then the music took me away and I just kinda forgot all about the talking idiots. It was not the only such song, but it was the most prominent one. It was a great gig (or 2, depending on the counting method) with many songs. Of course one always hopes for more Indica songs, but given the trend in their sets I think we should be positively surprised in that regard.

PostPosted: Mon 2. Mar 2015, 12:55 
Archivist
Archivist

Thanks a lot for report! any photos or videos?

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Tue 3. Mar 2015, 10:37 
Archivist
Archivist

I've found photos:

https://www.facebook.com/leena.ikonen/m ... 466&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 269&type=1

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479