It is currently Thu 19. Oct 2017, 14:49

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dreams
PostPosted: Wed 1. May 2013, 03:18 
Administrator / Watchlord

Jonsu says she gets ideas from dreams...so...lets talk about dreams. I'd rather let someone else go first before I start blurting out my lucid dreaming stories.

(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory

Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Wed 1. May 2013, 10:08 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Unfair! You opened the topic and you should be the brave one :)
But, as far as dreams go, I always get a little excited before I go to sleep because I'm expecting some awesomely twisted dream to happen. So far the most memorable ones were including some kind of chase scene. I remember the most two dreams that were half-nightmares, in one I was chased by some Nazis in some fortress (half medieval, half modern) and in the other I'm not really sure what I was running from but it was quite a long dream and included mountainous forest with very steep sides (so steep that you can easily just tip over and fall down) which is something I'm terrified of. Too bad that those memories can easily fade very fast after waking up and by now I can't remember any good dream into detail.

While you're already mentioning lucid dreams, have you ever woke up during sleep paralysis and had a hallucination/dream? That's some really scary stuff.

PostPosted: Wed 1. May 2013, 20:18 

I was trying to be fair by not starting off!
I have tons of dreams that I can copy and paste here. Some are quite epic...some are the reason I like Indica (Indica reminds me so much of my dreams, and when I found out Jonsu writes from ideas she gets in dreams, I was hooked.)

As far as lucid dreams go, everyone always asks me about sleep paralysis. I lucid dream another way. This may sound kind of weird, but I treat every moment, awake or not, like a dream. If I can't defy the laws of physics, I'm not dreaming and I go on with my day. If I am dreaming, I start lucid dreaming immediately as a reflex when I feel it is necessary. I don't TRY to lucid dream, because that's how you get sleep paralysis. I just start out dreaming, and natural start flying, teleporting, moving things with my mind, walking through walls, etc. I haven't had a nightmare in over 5 years. If you get good at lucid dreaming, you are immune to nightmare. Even the worst satanic dreams, I am able to throw daemons into walls and burn them to ash with my mind. Instead of nightmares, when you get really good at it, it's like your dreams start to fight back. Instead of scary, they can get uncomfortably weird and trippy. This is especially worrisome when you can taste, smell, and feel in dreams. I have a few stories about that as the thread moves forward.

Here is tiny dream from the other day...
I was in an airport. I just got off of a plane. I had no idea where I was, so I naturally walked outside. When I did there was overcast, a few roads, and a forest. It was colder than it was supposed to be this time of year, so I knew something was up. I looked around and saw the Finnish flag flying next to the entrance of the airport. That is when I felt uncomfortable. Then for some reason I remember that I had to go to Finland to return someone's lost dog (weird, I know). I returned the dog to the owner in the airport, then went to fly home. I reached into my pocket and remembered...I don't have a passport :shock: . So I was stranded in Finland with no passport and no Finnish skills...so the panic triggered my lucid dreaming...I walked through a few walls and then decided to just fly home myself like superman.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 03:55 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

Most hilarious dream I've ever had:

My girlfriend (at the time) and I are at a friend's house. We're upstairs with said friend and his girlfriend talking to them. I come down the stairs to find that my girlfriend's mom got upset because she thought we were upstairs having sex. So she pulls out a machine gun and empties a clip into the ceiling. Dust and debris are everywhere.
The people's pets (including a white bear with brown spots holding its head going "oooohhhhh") start walking down the stairs, shot full of holes and bleeding. Then, two midgets who had been doing roof repairs come down the stairs also shot full of holes. My girlfriend's mom says, "...And what did we learn?" to which one of the midgets replies, "Midgets don't belong on the roof." My girlfriend then comes down holding a ruined house plant, throws it down and says, "Look what you did!" to her mom, then storms off.
I woke up laughing.

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 04:11 

Sidenote: "clip" Say magazine. Trust me. Calling it a clip makes people rage.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 05:18 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

Watchlord wrote:
Sidenote: "clip" Say magazine. Trust me. Calling it a clip makes people rage.

Absolutely don't care. I don't know a thing about guns and don't pretend to. Pretty sure you knew what I meant.

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 10:05 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Ahahaha, that was hilarious :lol:
I sometimes find myself waking up with a grin or laughing, though most of the time I immediately forget what was funny. Sometimes if I do remember I keep laughing at the dream whole morning.

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 12:44 
Obsessed
Obsessed

I had a morbidly beautiful dream involving Jonsu a couple of weeks ago. We were floating in a lake, somewhere deep in a forest, about to drown. The sun had just gone down and the sky was all purple. Jonsu was floating right beside me. All of a sudden as we lay there in the water she started singing a beautiful melody without words, and it was like everything around us went silent to listen to it. Then halfway through the song I started sinking and couldn't hear any more.

And then I remembered I could swim and we both went out of the water and had some hot chocolate.

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 13:13 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Do you remember the melody? Try to write it down. I heard a melody in a dream few times, but I couldn't remember for long enough when I woke up to write it down. Would be cool to create a song based on melody heard in dream :)

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 15:34 

I heard a melody in a dream once. It was the most beautiful song I've ever heard. That's all I remember.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 17:41 
Obsessed
Obsessed

I don't remember the melody from my dream, sadly. I think it sounded a bit like the last part of A Way Away, but I can't recall how it went.

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 22:52 

Dream 1:
I was at my grandmother's house. She was in the Army during WWII and worked on some secret stuff. There was a stranger with us in the dining room asking my grandmother about all this WWII stuff. He would mostly ask about the Holocaust, which was weird. My grandmother did work in intelligence and knows some secrets that she still refuses to tell us. I doubt she knows much about the Holocaust though. As this went on, I got the vibe that strangely, WWII was still happening. Then I began to feel like this man was a Nazi spy or something. My grandmother went into the kitchen, and the man turned to me and said "I have something for you". He lifted his pants leg and pulled out a box that was strapped to his leg and gave it to me. It was a box of silver bars with the swastika/eagle engraved into it. He then left to visit someone else down the street, but he said that he's be back. I went to the sink to tell my grandmother that he was a spy. At that moment I felt a strong wind, then the windows caved in. Everything around me turned to dust, grey ash. Ash poured through the windows with the wind before the entire house turned to ash. By the end, everything was piles of ash, except for the box of silver. The dream ended. .........wut?

Dream 2:
Note: I am a very lucid dreamer. I have not had a nightmare in many years. I usually have heavier dreams, check out some of my other posts.

I have died in a dream, I think maybe four times. It's one of the weirdest feelings ever. I did not die in this dream though. I was walking around my neighborhood. When I came to the exit, I saw Death (The Grim Reaper) standing by the outlet road. He looked like just a black robe with a man inside holding a staff or scythe. He radiated darkness. He was a midget, maybe 3'-4' tall. He was not evil or foreboding to me, he just seemed solemn and fair. I approached him and said something similar to: "Well, I guess since you're here the bad part is over. I am pretty sure I did things right, so I have no fear of my fate. I can't change it now anyway. I'm ready when you are." I don't remember him speaking, but I remember a sense of him saying something like: "Wow, in that case, never mind. I guess it's not your time." His horse came up close behind me, it was radiating darkness too. It brushed its nose against my neck and I petted its skull. The dream ended.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Tue 4. Jun 2013, 10:33 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

I had few dreams this night, feels like I was dreaming for hours. So, here goes the one I remembered most:

It starts in my street where I live in. For later reference, street has houses only on one side, while on the other side there's mostly grass, some trees and some people's stuff (cars etc.). So, what happened was, there was some sort of electricity blackout on the national level (maybe even world), and there were some armies raging across the land. Nobody knew what exactly was happening (electricity, remember) and all the people were very cautions if someone would come and start shooting around.

Fast forward some unimportant scenes I can't remember, I'm in my house with some people I know and we were in a small room (where people usually hold food, but it was empty now), and we were in total darkness discussing the situation. The street was under some kind of a siege and there were some kind of army killers on the side of the street where there's no houses so we couldn't get out. As the ideas were tossed around what to do (I forgot to mention we had no weapons, except some kind of bolt throwers (I probably picked up the concept from some game) with low ammo, and aiming with guns was not possible due to blackout(yeah, weird)), I suggested that we should sneak out through the roof window on the roof and start shooting those armed men outside with sniper rifles. Everyone thought how great idea it was, only we had no sniper rifles. Then I expanded idea that during the day we'd go to neighbours houses and wait there until nightfall, then we'd get one person on every roof, and with coordinated sniping we'd take down all those armed men outside. Again, there was this little 'we have no rifles' problem...

Then scene switched to the room that overlooks the street where we were waiting in darkness looking through window. Suddenly, a friend drove up in the front-yard in a car and I signalled him to come inside. However, immediately after that, a bunch of other cars started pulling in and people came out and stood in front of my door waiting for me to open the door. Most of them were, how should I put it... local drunks and problem-starters. So, I devised a plan that we all (in the room), would pack up necessary things and quickly get out and go somewhere where's safer. I specifically remember picking up my Mechanix gloves and monocular. So, we left.

Outside, we were going along some rail-road, hoping to board the train when the darkness sets in so we wouldn't be noticed. But, before the train came, we noticed some van following us. We thought that this was those armed men that were outside on the street and that they may have noticed us. It turned out to be one of those people that we didn't let in house. Soon after him, more cars arrived and suddenly we were surrounded by several cars and even few buses parked, and those people were begging us to stay with them or if they could come with us. We tried explaining that's not possible and continued walking down some street.

That's it! After that I don't remember much. Whew, that's nice wall of text and you didn't even get the punchline :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 4. Jun 2013, 16:44 

My first thought when you started talking about troops coming:

You need a bugout bag and some guns so you will be ready if that happens.

I don't really have nightmares anymore since I am a lucid dream. I can destroy any threat.

I did have a really sad dream last night: I was on this sailing ship with a friend (idk who he was, but he was my best friend according to the dream). We were preparing this ship we had as it was docked in a marina. The ship was part of some college project we were doing. Suddenly the ship blew up and threw us into the water. I pulled my friend out of the water and tried to revive him, but he was dead. Then I fell back into the water and floated to the bottom. On the bottom of the water was a pit full of black tar. I had to dig something out of the tar for some reason, but I couldn't find a tool. Then the floor turned into a tile floor and it became the floor of my grandmother's old house. There was a lump under the tile, so I removed the tile to find a skeleton of a dead baby under the floor.

Then the dream moved to a park. I was running around the park playing tag with...Jonsu. We were playing and talking for a while and then she went under this white tent and sat down at a white table. Everyone else under the tent was sitting down at tables and wearing white. I followed Jonsu in, but all the people under the tent started giving me dirty looks, yelling, and eventually kicked me out while Jonsu just sat at the table.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Tue 4. Jun 2013, 18:17 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

You were digging tar moments before, what'd you expect other than being kicked out :D

edit: that gif you posted... Have you seen/heard the full song? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 4. Jun 2013, 19:14 

Yes, but I don't remeber it. The full song is irrelevant to the meme from what I know.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Fri 11. Oct 2013, 20:55 

I just dreamed that Timo Kotipelto and Jani Liimatainen came over to my house to visit and hang our. Weird.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Fri 3. Jan 2014, 09:31 
Teen Indican
Teen Indican

My dreams are EXTREMELY weird, when I see them. For example during last summer I saw many dreams about grave-yards, that had emerged to the island, where I live. And at some phase I had many fangirlie-dreams about bands, that I'm a fan of. Sadly I on't see them so often anymore.