WTH!

phpBB [video]

(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory

Post subject: Re: Finland No!
PostPosted: Tue 11. Jun 2013, 09:56 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Oh god, it's too early for that part of the YouTube!

PostPosted: Tue 11. Jun 2013, 12:32 
True Indican
True Indican

That's Finnish comedy music by the sketch character Marja Tyrni (performed by Aku Hirviniemi). The lyrics are about cooking things like "pie" and "cock". The melody is from the song Finnish Whistler which was the theme song of the former Finnish cooking show Patakakkonen.

PostPosted: Tue 11. Jun 2013, 18:15 
Administrator / Watchlord

I assumed the lyrics had a double meaning. A lot of Americans have seen this video as a flash animation on TheBest404PageEver.com

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Mon 21. Oct 2013, 16:21 
Teen Indican
Teen Indican

Oh My...By the way, the performer is actually male, if somebody hasn't already discovered that. Yeah. It has been years, since I have last time seen that. Got really good laughs :DD

PostPosted: Tue 13. Jan 2015, 20:16 
True Indican
True Indican

The same people who made that Marja Tyrni character have now designed a new TV show Kingi ("The King"). It's a parody of the Pop Idol format. There are seven actors in the roles of the singers and judges. In my opinion, some of the performances are rather funny. Unfortunately the videos don't have English subtitles. The names below are characters' names.

Hippu Kylberg - Material Girl: This 17 years old girl (the actress is actually 34) wants to be an international star, but she can't pronounce/understand English very well. The video also includes "Nicki Minaj" as a visiting judge.

Martti Alanen - Lasten mehuhetki: This shy guy gets distracted when a female dancer comes too close.

Hannu Pakarainen - Finlandia: This patriotic guy gets distracted by the pyros. He thinks a sparkle hit his flag and intends to save the flag by peeing on it. By the way, this act caused a police investigation because disrespect of the Finnish flag is illegal in Finland. But they dropped the charges because the flag in question wasn't an official Finnish flag, it just looked like one.

PostPosted: Sat 21. Jan 2017, 22:56 
True Indican
True Indican

This time the same crew made a parody about Trump and Obama. Here's my translation. (I don't think the writers of the sketch fully understand the roles of the Senate, the House of Representatives and the Supreme Court, but I translated everything as they said it.)

Barack: Welcome to the Oval Office where I had an honour to serve the citizens of United States for the past eight years.
Donald: So depressing decoration. Who designed this? What a loser!
Barack: But now when the power has officially been transferred, I wish you good luck, sir president, and madam Trump... Is she OK?
Donald: Yeah. She just doesn't speak any language. Otherwise she's a sweetheart and better looking than the wives of other presidents #betterlookingthanyourwife.
Barack: Well, if that's all...
Donald: Hey Fred! Before you leave, I have a few questions.
Barack: I'm Barack.
Donald: Oh, I call all your kinds of people Fred. No offense. This week I've examined what this job is about.
Barack: Only this week?
Donald: Are these claims true? The Congress and the Senate can block all my ideas?
Barack: That's correct.
Donald: Am I allowed to make new laws?
Barack: The Supreme Court makes the laws.
Donald: Can I deside whose going to build and pay the wall that's going to be built on the Mexican border?
Barack: No, you can't.
Donald: Can I ban abortion?
Barack: The Supreme Court will deside that, too.
Donald: Can I start a war?
Barack: Not without the approval by Congress.
Donald: Can I bomb the moon?
Barack: Well, yes you can, but there's no point to do that.
Donald: This is a lousy job. No wonder they gave this to a black guy. No offence.
Barack: Donald, your voters have high expectations from you and maybe you should admit to yourself that they're expecting too much.
Donald: Okay, okay, but where do all the people move who didn't vote for me?
Barack: What do you mean, move?
Donald: Well, they can't stay here. I'm pretty upset with them. Just check out what this guy writes about me on Twitter.
Barack: Getting criticism is part of this job. During the years, I've received all kinds of...
Donald: An elementary school teacher from Florida claims that I'm a hothead. I'm going to show them who's a hothead: ”What a loser. No wonder why teachers have so crappy salaries...”
Barack: Donald, let me tell you. During these years I've noticed that we Americans have a lot more things that unite us...
Donald: Florida is the shittiest state!
Barack: ...than things that divide us.
Donald: There are only retired people and crocodiles that are by the way the shittiest reptiles ever.
Barack: There is no liberal America...
Donald: Florida Panthers #theshittiesticehockeyteamever.
Barack: ...and there is no conservative America.
Donald: By far the ugliest and oldest women live in Florida.
Barack: There is only America.
Donald: #closetheborders #shutup #merylstreepistheshittiestactorever. I'm so sad. I'm done.
Barack: Donald...
Donald: Fred?
Barack: May I ask you sincerely, if all this feels so uncomfortable why did you want to become a president?
Donald: I don't want to speak about it.
Barack: Please tell me. Tell me!
Donald: Don't tickle me!
Melania (in slavic accent): I know this one. He doesn't want to be a president. He just want to be called a president.
Donald: Okay, so, now you learned to speak. I'm surrounded by betrayers. I'll go home. I've got a fantastic home: golden walls, golden shower...
The delivery guy: Here's Trump's barbeque and I also have Melania's stripper pole. So, where should I put these?
Barack: I really don't know.

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2017, 01:57 

The flag on the wall behind the desk is backwards. Unacceptable. US Tanks in 30 minutes.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2017, 19:24 
True Indican
True Indican

I didn't have any idea the flag was backwards. I suppose it's not obvious for most Finns how to vertically hang the US flag. With our own flag all we have to do is to turn it 90 degrees clockwise.

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2017, 19:29 

Niko wrote:
I didn't have any idea the flag was backwards. I suppose it's not obvious for most Finns how to vertically hang the US flag. With our own flag all we have to do is to turn it 90 degrees clockwise.

Just joking. A lot of Americans get it wrong too.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2017, 20:36 
True Indican
True Indican

With the civil flag, the Finns can't get it wrong, but the flag of the defence forces (which includes the coat of arms) is trickier. I've heard that in military bases if it's up to rookies to raise the flag, it's not uncommon that the lion is upside down. :)