It is currently Thu 19. Oct 2017, 14:33

All times are UTC

Post subject: Until Extinction
PostPosted: Fri 15. Nov 2013, 03:43 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

Preamble:
I feel I'm not being a nuisance doing this because I've been posting here a while (so it's not like I just showed up and started spamming) and the people on this board seem pretty open-minded as far as music is concerned. Obviously if the moderators don't approve of this they can delete it and I'll not make a fuss.

The important bit:
My band, Until Extinction, has an album coming out soon. It's our second full-length album and it'll be out in about two months. We're a melodic prog-metal band from the St. Louis, MO USA area.
In case anyone's wondering, I'm the keyboardist/song writer of the band.

Here's a video with a track from the upcoming album:

phpBB [video]

http://youtu.be/TBM4a7yaEPU

And our web links:
http://www.untilextinction.com--official site (soon to get a makeover for the new album release)
https://www.facebook.com/UntilExtinctionMusic--Facebook
http://www.reverbnation.com/untilextinction--Reverbnation (has streaming audio and such)

Again, I apologize if I'm stepping on any toes here, but I think some of you might actually like this. If anyone else is in a band, drop me a line. I'd like to hear you.

Post subject: Re: Until Extinction
PostPosted: Sun 17. Nov 2013, 20:39 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Ok, I listened to a song and even though it's not style I'd listen to usually (mainly because I don't like that kind of vocals and that vocal combination (vocals are great, I just don't like that kind of vocals)), it's pretty interesting song.
However, I got some 'suggestions' if I may that's regarding the sound...
I don't know what kind of equipment you have at disposal and/or what kind of studio (is it professional or home or something third), but the overal sound seems a bit lacking in power and sounds like it's not full enough. I don't know the correct terms people use but I'd say it's dry and missing a lot of lower tones. Somehow sounds at times like it's midi sounds. I don't know if that was really the sound you were aiming at (that especially goes for guitar), but song would sound perfect if you made the sound more bombastic, add some distortion to that bass guitar, increase the drum kick and make guitar have more lower end. Also some more layers of synth wouldn't be bad.
Try not to take this to much to the heart, it's just what I hear. Maybe it's just me and me being picky and spoiled when it comes to bands and sounds. Keep on doing the great music and best of luck with band.

PostPosted: Wed 20. Nov 2013, 22:01 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

Thanks, I appreciate it. We're always open to suggestions!

PostPosted: Wed 20. Nov 2013, 23:44 
Archivist
Archivist

well, it is really good and it suits my taste... Ok, one of my tastes, cause my music tastes are rather wide :)

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Fri 29. Nov 2013, 03:18 
Administrator / Watchlord
Administrator / Watchlord

calanthrophy wrote:
Preamble:
I feel I'm not being a nuisance doing this because I've been posting here a while (so it's not like I just showed up and started spamming) and the people on this board seem pretty open-minded as far as music is concerned. Obviously if the moderators don't approve of this they can delete it and I'll not make a fuss.

It's the off topic forum and more relevant than some of the stuff I posted haha, so thanks for sharing.

(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory

PostPosted: Fri 3. Jan 2014, 09:38 
Teen Indican
Teen Indican

I actually liked it much :) I don't know, if I'm the only person on this forum, who regularly listens to harder genres of metal too, but I really like it, when bands are experimental, and also use screamo-vocals.

PostPosted: Tue 28. Jan 2014, 04:12 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

Our second album came out on Saturday. You can stream three of the songs on Reverbnation (see top post for link).
The only place that has it for download right now is CDBaby, but iTunes and such will have it soon. Physical copies are available in our store, and we ship for free to anywhere on this planet (interplanetary shipping coming soon... maybe...). Again, see top post for the link to our site.