It is currently Wed 18. Oct 2017, 00:18

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun 6. Mar 2016, 14:16 
True Indican
True Indican

Hello dear all!

So, after some years of consideration I have decided to ink my arm with the sentence "mailmaa on sun".
Why? Because to me this is the purest essence of freedom, self-consciousness and responsibility.
Why finnish? Because it sounds and reads most beautifully.
What I need you for? I would like to include something in this sentence. In english it would be something like "the world and yourself are yours alone".
Can anyone be so kind and translate that for me? Would that sentence even make sense in finnish?

Thank you so much!

Yotube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/yinx88

PostPosted: Wed 9. Mar 2016, 13:57 
True Indican
True Indican

In written Finnish it would be: Maailma ja sinä olette vain sinun. (The world and you are yours alone)

If you want to keep it closer to the song title, in spoken language it could be: Maailma ja sä ootte vain sun.

However, in my opinion adding "vain" (alone) makes the sentence sound like "you own the whole planet". If your intention is to state that as a human you're partly responsible for the future of the planet, I suggest changing the sentence a bit. But how to change it, that's a tricky question.

In the song the whole sentence is: "Olet kaunis ja maailma on sun" (You're beautiful and the world is yours). You can replace the adjective, if looks aren't that important to you. :)