It is currently Fri 22. Sep 2017, 13:32

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon 31. Dec 2012, 13:41 
Archivist
Archivist

Indica Forum -> Indica -> Next Album

canuck
Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:25

What would you like to see on the next album?

Personally, I would love to hear the girls do an insturmental song.
And some more in Finnish.

Wishmaster
Posted 14 November 2010 - 14:52

canuck, on 14 November 2010 - 04:25, said:
What would you like to see on the next album?

Personally, I would love to hear the girls do an insturmental song.
And some more in Finnish.

Would it be too much to wish for a long (10+ min), instrumental, progressive, indica-styled song? Just asking...

Yeah, Finnish would be nice but it seems to me it's quite unlikely.
Of course I'd like to see a wide variety of songs, ranging from very slow to those that are quite powerful and energetic.
I won't wish for some specific lyrics themes since Jonsu won't disappoint, as usual. Though, it would be nice if some of the other girls would write some lyrics just to see what may come out.

liimatainen92
Posted 14 November 2010 - 21:28

This idea of an instrumental song would be AWESOME, quite long with some epic parts and some progressive parts where each girl could delight us. And although it is quite difficult, I would love to hear a lot of new finnish songs instead of everything in english.

Can't wait to hear something about a new Indica album

canuck
Posted 14 November 2010 - 22:11

Wishmaster, on 14 November 2010 - 04:52, said:
Would it be too much to wish for a long (10+ min), instrumental, progressive, indica-styled song? Just asking...

Yeah, Finnish would be nice but it seems to me it's quite unlikely.
Of course I'd like to see a wide variety of songs, ranging from very slow to those that are quite powerful and energetic.
I won't wish for some specific lyrics themes since Jonsu won't disappoint as usual. Though, it would be nice if some of the other girls would write some lyrics just to see what may come out.

This is exaclty what I would love to hear.
So many of their songs are beautiful even without the lyrics. The piano compositions in some are incredible.
A nice looong insturmental.

Tanekh
Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:22

Wishmaster, on 14 November 2010 - 14:52, said:

Oh dear Lord no. Not saying that they wouldn't be able to pull it off but... 10 minutes.... Instrumental... PROGRESSIVE; My singer side raises the battle axe high and demands BLOOD at the thought of this!

On a less horrible subject; I think I would like it if they let the symphonic elements take more of a backseat position than they had in A Way Away. Don't get me wrong, I love symphonic music, but I would like to see them find a personal mix between the old, more simplistic sound and the symphonic possibilities they have been granted. I felt that A Way Away didn't really manage to implement the symphonies in a way that was clearly "Indica" and that the Nightwish star was shining a bit too brightly over the compositions in general. Therefore I hope that they manage to cut their own path through the symphonic jungle so that we get to see a symphonic Indica, rather than a Indica with symphonies.

SadButTrue
Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:58

I want...
- some songs in Finnish, and some songs in English
- Yes, I want an instrumental, too, canuck, you're absolutely right (perhaps an instrumental version of Eerie Eden , or a version of A Way Away, or a new masterpiece )
- some songs that the lead vocals are the other girls, or their solos parts in some songs, or a song, just like Heini sings at the beginning of the song - while Jonsu plays the violin, Jonsu sings the main parts of the song, The chorus's sang by Laura and Jenny (2 vocals), and at the end, Sirkku sings (kind of that ), or some songs are sang by just Heini, or Jenny, or Laura, or Sirkku :wub)
- Jonsu composes and plays the violin more , I really love her violin parts
- Maybe Tuomas and Jonsu sing an Indica's version of The Phantom of the Opera ? (Tuomas's the guess musician )

DrDress
Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:54

I would prefer an all english album. Don't get me wrong, I actually think that the finnish are in general a little better, or rather a little more Indica-like. But maybe this is because the songs are translated and remade, and not created on their own accord. In an all english album, there would be no english vs finnish discussion, and I'm curious as to how that would turn out. I admit that it wouldn't nesecarily be a better result, maybe the core of Indica is linked to the finnish languish.

Aside from that I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread. I would love an instrumental track, as I love the end of "Eerie Eden". Also, as Thanehk says, they could down the symphonic influence a little... Well not in the instrumental track... but well... damn, this is hard!

And have Heini sing a song, or part of one. That could be fun!

Wishmaster
Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:16

Tanekh, on 15 November 2010 - 01:22, said:
Oh dear Lord no. Not saying that they wouldn't be able to pull it off but... 10 minutes.... Instrumental... PROGRESSIVE; My singer side raises the battle axe high and demands BLOOD at the thought of this!

Now, now, no need to raise axes.
Not progressive as in Dream Theater progressive (now that'd be just weird).
More like Eerie Eden but long(er) and with violin filling in as a vocal part and occasional 'howl' from Jonsu

ben_uez
Posted 15 November 2010 - 15:39

SadButTrue, on 15 November 2010 - 04:58, said:
I want...
- some songs in Finnish, and some songs in English
- some songs that the lead vocals are the other girls, or their solos parts in some songs, or a song, just like Heini sings at the beginning of the song - while Jonsu plays the violin, Jonsu sings the main parts of the song, The chorus's sang by Laura and Jenny (2 vocals), and at the end, Sirkku sings (kind of that ), or some songs are sang by just Heini, or Jenny, or Laura, or Sirkku :wub)
- Maybe Tuomas and Jonsu sing an Indica's version of The Phantom of the Opera ? (Tuomas's the guess musician )

1)I would definitly love a combination of English and Finnish songs.
2)I totally agree on the point that Heini or the other girls should sing solo parts of some songs. I would really love to hear that!
3) Tuomas singing? Not really;-) But a duett with a male singer would also be nice. Maybe some more brutal stuff? So that the male vocals are really powerfull, brutal and then jonsus sweet voice. that would be cool. (i would prefer Peter Tägtgren or Marco Hietala:P)
4) A 10+ song could also be nice.
5) The Album should at least include 13 songs:D And it would be nice to have another "on the road" documentary as a bonus for the album. (that should be possible as Ewo filmed during the meet&greet and i think also some other funny parts of the tour)

Moonchild
Posted 15 November 2010 - 16:29

SadButTrue, on 15 November 2010 - 04:58, said:

Jeeeezzz, nooo!! We already had that with Nightwish XD And Jonsu's voice definitely doesn't fit that song!

ben_uez, on 15 November 2010 - 14:39, said:
But a duett with a male singer would also be nice. Maybe some more brutal stuff? So that the male vocals are really powerfull, brutal and then jonsus sweet voice. that would be cool. (i would prefer Peter Tägtgren or Marco Hietala:P)

... *faints* ... now!
Why does everyone want another Nightwish/Within Temptation/Theatre of Tragedy/etc.? Aren't those bands enough?!

Alright, so, what I'd wish for...
I'd like to have a combination of finnish and english songs, depending on in which language the lyrics come to Jonsu's mind first (not another A Way Away, I totally agree with DrDress here!). It shouldn't be "forced", when Jonsu can write only 3 songs in english because it just doesn't feel right to compose in english, I'll be happy with it
And I agree with what most of you guys said, it would be nice to hear the other girls from time to time. I don't want to hear whole songs sung by them because I'm quite happy with Jonsu and I don't think they should change it, but maybe they can do something like in "Odotan" concerning the the way the singing is done.
I wouldn't want to hear an orchestra again, it was alright on A Way Away but I don't think it fits their music, they can do enough with synths/violin/etc. Speaking of instruments, I would love to have some more bass-ish songs, like the beginning of Kersantti Karoliina, that would be great!
Apart from that I don't have any wishes, I want the girls to surprise me

jokuhulu
Posted 15 November 2010 - 21:33

SadButTrue, on 15 November 2010 - 05:58, said:
- Jonsu composes and plays the violin more , I really love her violin parts

That's a nice one.

Moonchild, on 15 November 2010 - 16:29, said:
Alright, so, what I'd wish for...
I'd like to have a combination of finnish and english songs, depending on in which language the lyrics come to Jonsu's mind first (not another A Way Away, I totally agree with DrDress here!). It shouldn't be "forced", when Jonsu can write only 3 songs in english because it just doesn't feel right to compose in english, I'll be happy with it
And I agree with what most of you guys said, it would be nice to hear the other girls from time to time. I don't want to hear whole songs sung by them because I'm quite happy with Jonsu and I don't think they should change it, but maybe they can do something like in "Odotan" concerning the the way the singing is done.
I wouldn't want to hear an orchestra again, it was alright on A Way Away but I don't think it fits their music, they can do enough with synths/violin/etc. Speaking of instruments, I would love to have some more bass-ish songs, like the beginning of Kersantti Karoliina, that would be great!
Apart from that I don't have any wishes, I want the girls to surprise me

And that's pretty good thinking IMO.

I guess the ideas about an instrumental song or a 10+ minutes long song are pretty interesting too.

If I'm going to post, I guess I should come up with something myself... I guess a wide variety of songs would be nice, so that all kinds of people (including me) are likely to find something they can easily like. And even though the album is going to be in English, I would like to have like 1-3 Finnish songs. I think Jonsu's lyrics so far have been a little better in Finnish (on average), and it's my native language too...

David
Posted 19 November 2010 - 00:53

DrDress, on 15 November 2010 - 02:54, said:

Aside from that I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread. I would love an instrumental track, as I love the end of "Eerie Eden".

I agree! An instrumental track would be great. Also, the end of "Eerie Eden" was my favorite part of the "A Way Away" album.

I think I'd like more songs with a piano intro like "Varo" and "Rannalla." And although I don't mind the English, I'd like them to do more Finnish songs. So maybe a mix of English and Finnish songs would be nice.

canuck
Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:01

Personally, I'm not too eager to hear a big orchestrated piece. It was the music of a band with 5 girls I fell in love with, not an orchestra. I'd like to hear an insturmental with a simpler music akin to Rannalla, Onnen Kartano, or Unten Maa.

Tanekh
Posted 21 November 2010 - 15:43

canuck, on 21 November 2010 - 03:01, said:
Personally, I'm not too eager to hear a big orchestrated piece. It was the music of a band with 5 girls I fell in love with, not an orchestra. I'd like to hear an insturmental with a simpler music akin to Rannalla, Onnen Kartano, or Unten Maa.

I see what you mean and I agree with you to a point. I often got the feeling of the orchestral arrangements on A Way Away being a bit "too much" and I would also like to see a step back from this kind of sound in favor of a more "Indica-sounding" sound. This is because one of the charming qualities of Indica's music has always been, at least to me, its catchyness, which I think is at least in part a result of the music not being overcomplicated and easy to follow, hum and sing along with. I mean there has got to be a reason for me being able to recite almost every song from Valoissa by heart in Finnish, a language I cannot speak, while having trouble singing along with the lyrics of even the most famous Blind Guardian songs.

I have to strike a blow for some of the orchestral arrangements, however. Eerie Eden is a very good example of a song that benefited immensely from the availability of orchestras as they gives the song that little extra touch of magic that makes it echo in our heads long after the CD stopped spinning. The same kind of beneficial effect I feel was obtained in the intro of Islands of Light, which is a splendid intro to the album and makes the original intro of Vuorien Taa pale in comparison. These are just a few examples where the balance between "simple and catchy" vs "complex and epic" was handled beautifully and I believe that as the girls become more familiar with the use of the orchestral elements we will hear more of this type of heightening of the quality and get less of a "too much" feeling.

Snoeijhard
Posted 29 November 2010 - 23:08

What I would like is for Indica to stay who they are, but grow within it. It's great music allready, and it can only get better (I hope)..
Some multivocals more clear instead of at the background of the song. (2 voices create more music than a whole band can)
Energetic songs which make it impossible to sit without moving.
Another beautifull track like eerie eden (still touching me everytime I hear the song)

And as a matter of fact .. I don't mind what the new album is like, because I will probably like it anyway

Wishmaster
Posted 29 November 2010 - 23:47

Every band is evolving and improving their sound and music over time so I don't think that we'll hear Ikuinen Virta in the next album.
I've got a feeling that we all are gonna be quite surprised (some positively some negatively) when the first songs emerge.

DrDress
Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:15

Wishmaster, on 29 November 2010 - 22:47, said:
I've got a feeling that we all are gonna be quite surprised (some positively some negatively) when the first songs emerge.

That actually how I felt about the next album, without realising it, until you just now put it into words. Even though I'm really excited and wish it was in the stores now, some part of me is also a little trepid . "What if it turns out that it not really to my tast".
I don't think it will be so. It might be the greatest album I've ever heard, but you know... Eeee... waiting for this is a real thriller!

Tanekh
Posted 30 November 2010 - 17:56

Hmmm...

I have been thinking about this for a little while and have built a little theory of what I think the new album will sound like. It can pretty much be summarized as:

Less this:

http://i.imgur.com/CpgZN.jpg

More this:

ME: DEAD LINK, AS I REMEMBER< IT WAS DELAIN"S ALBUM COVER

Now, I don't think that we will see the the exact sound of Delain but I do think we will see a glide towards the symphonic metal sound with the next album. I base this on the fact that Nuclear Blast nudged Indica in that direction with A Way Away and got good sales as a result, and good sales are always a clear "GO" sign. This leads me to believe that we are likely to see them move more into the super successful symphonic metal genre as it is widely appreciated by many different types of metal fans and has brought them success so far. It would also make it easier for Nuclear Blast to market them as their venues (Wave Gotik Treffen, for example) seem to be more adapted for this type of music than for Indica's more poppy sound. It won't be hard to make the change either; just add more power chords, distort the guitars, add a palm-mute here and there to the sound of A Way Away and viola! You've got light symphonic metal!

There is also the fact that Jonsu herself said that she had become more interested in "rock" (as she puts it) since they joined Nuclear Blast, which would point to the next album showing just a little bit more teeth than A Way Away. I don't think that it'll be a huge change or anything (Indicarcass have nothing to fear yet ) but I think we will see steps towards the "As If" and "Straight and Arrow" sound more than towards the sound of, say, "Scissors, Paper, Rock".

As for the image; I think the "goth" thing will definitely stay. It fits their marketing like a glove even though I myself think that this is one of the most cheerful bands I have ever seen live and that they are as far from "goth"-persons as possible. But that's just me, and last time I checked, I do not make the design choices for Indica and the goth image definitely fits style of Nuclear Blast and the fans of the label, making Indica more of an integral part of it.

Well! That concludes my little thought session on Indica's new album! Of course I have no way of knowing if any of this will happen, ya'll know that I'm just pulling it out of the Wizard hat.

Indicana Jones
Posted 30 November 2010 - 22:17

I hope they won't do Symphonic Metal stuff.

We had a discussion on the german board about Indicas Style and we kind of agreed that the songs are a little to "simple". It would be cool to have a few more complex instrumental parts (without going progressive-rock/metal of course ) which would give the girls the oppurtinity to show what they really can do. I especially would like to hear more from Sirkku, she must be a skilled pianist/keyboardist, still she is limited to play simple synth-riffs or a few pads/organs most of the time. So a real "Piano only" song would be great maybe something like "Good Enough" by Evanescence. And I agree that it also would be great to hear some of the other girls singing too.

Severus
Posted 01 December 2010 - 17:33

As for the image; I think the "goth" thing will definitely stay. It fits their marketing like a glove even though I myself think that this is one of the most cheerful bands I have ever seen live and that they are as far from "goth"-persons as possible. But that's just me, and last time I checked, I do not make the design choices for Indica and the goth image definitely fits style of Nuclear Blast and the fans of the label, making Indica more of an integral part of it.

Tanekh,

I do not agree that Indica is very far from being Gothic. Of course, at the stage they are very positive (extremely positive band, as Jonsu said), but it is true about many bands – at gigs they are cheerful, though their music and lyrics may be sad. Take Within Temptation, for example. And the lyrics of many Indica songs are really sad, even tragic (I don’t know Finnish, but I read the topic concerning their lyrics translations at this forum). That song Ikuinen Virta – the lyrics are sad, but it sounds very cheerful. If one doesn’t khow what it is about, one will think that it is just a merry song, and the video is also cheerful, funny even... It is characteritic for Indica, it seems, to enclose some tragic themes in cheerful framing. Valoissa video may be another example of this.
I can say that their slow songs (Unten maa, for instance, or Eerie Eden from A Way Away) are in to some extent close to what is called “Gothic”. Such songs as Scissor, Paper, Rock (their rock songs) are very far from Gothic music really. When I hear their slow songs, such as Rannalla, I cannot imagine any pop song which can be close to it. Such songs are very, very far from pop (or pop rock) music, they belong to some different world. They are much far from pop music than such song as Scissor, Paper, Rock. Their slow songs remind me, though it seems so strange, the songs of Austrian band Persephone.
I understand how dificult it is to call their music “Gothic”. But still – there is some subtle connection. They are not “dark” enough, of course, but they are mystic enough! And gothic music is dark mystic or esoteric music.
Now some facts which are not proofs but still they are symbolical. Why have they chosen that ruined gothic monastery in Tallinn as the background for the cover of their first album Ikuinen Virta? Why do we see Jonsu at the cover of Orkus – the prominent Gothic magazine? Zillo is another example.
I asked about their attitude to Gothic subsubculture and relation of their group to gothic music in the topic “fan interview”. They did not answer – I understand it – there were more than 100 questions, and my question cannot be answered in 1 sentence or in 2 or 3 sentences.

About the next album. I would prefer the mixture of English and Finnish songs.
I was much impressed by their gig at Escape Veelendaal (at Halloween), which I watched at youtube and how Jonsu looked there and how she sang too. Oh well, she looked truly vampiric More vampiric than Sonja Scarlet from Theatres des Vampires
I would prefer to hear songs like Eerie Eden (on one side) and As If (on the other side) at he new album, and no songs like Precious Dark or Scissor, Paper, Rock (though I like it, and it is very good for the gigs)

I want more and longer violin parts

I would like to see some new music video – in a style of Precious Dark video (note: the song must be really dark, not popish song like Precious Dark) but Jonsu must look like she looked at that Halloween concert, because in Precious Dark video she looks like a lost child (I am not criticizing this video or Jonsu in it – I just want something different)

I would be also nice to see something like “Indica Video Collection DVD” with high quality music videos (all!) and “Indica Live History DVD” with some concerts (they must have some high quality videos, I think). But this is another topic, I think.

Wizzu
Posted 03 December 2010 - 00:07

Severus, on 01 December 2010 - 17:33, said:
I would be also nice to see something like “Indica Video Collection DVD” with high quality music videos (all!) and “Indica Live History DVD” with some concerts (they must have some high quality videos, I think). But this is another topic, I think.

I'm debating with myself whether to post this off-topic part, so I'll go ahead but keep it short: As Far As I Know, they don't have any high-quality video material from concerts. The only things that have been filmed are those that have been done for TV broadcasts (eg. the Särkänniemi concerts, fundraising events, galas and such). I think they've even managed to miss playing on festivals which have TV cameras (the Finnish broadcasting company YLE takes a film crew to one Finnish music festival every summer).

Sorry again for off-topic, please return to normal discussion about the next album.

Tanekh
Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:38

Severus, on 01 December 2010 - 17:33, said:
Tanekh,

I do not agree that Indica is very far from being Gothic. Of course, at the stage they are very positive (extremely positive band, as Jonsu said), but it is true about many bands – at gigs they are cheerful, though their music and lyrics may be sad. Take Within Temptation, for example. And the lyrics of many Indica songs are really sad, even tragic (I don’t know Finnish, but I read the topic concerning their lyrics translations at this forum). That song Ikuinen Virta – the lyrics are sad, but it sounds very cheerful. If one doesn’t khow what it is about, one will think that it is just a merry song, and the video is also cheerful, funny even... It is characteritic for Indica, it seems, to enclose some tragic themes in cheerful framing. Valoissa video may be another example of this.
I can say that their slow songs (Unten maa, for instance, or Eerie Eden from A Way Away) are in to some extent close to what is called “Gothic”. Such songs as Scissor, Paper, Rock (their rock songs) are very far from Gothic music really. When I hear their slow songs, such as Rannalla, I cannot imagine any pop song which can be close to it. Such songs are very, very far from pop (or pop rock) music, they belong to some different world. They are much far from pop music than such song as Scissor, Paper, Rock. Their slow songs remind me, though it seems so strange, the songs of Austrian band Persephone.
I understand how dificult it is to call their music “Gothic”. But still – there is some subtle connection. They are not “dark” enough, of course, but they are mystic enough! And gothic music is dark mystic or esoteric music.
Now some facts which are not proofs but still they are symbolical. Why have they chosen that ruined gothic monastery in Tallinn as the background for the cover of their first album Ikuinen Virta? Why do we see Jonsu at the cover of Orkus – the prominent Gothic magazine? Zillo is another example.
I asked about their attitude to Gothic subsubculture and relation of their group to gothic music in the topic “fan interview”. They did not answer – I understand it – there were more than 100 questions, and my question cannot be answered in 1 sentence or in 2 or 3 sentences.

Hmmm! I stand corrected after reading this! You are very right in that they do have some of the mysticism of the gothic genre present in their music as well as in some of their lyrics. So perhaps they are not as far from the genre as I first thought.

I think the reason for me thinking that the band is to peppy to be goth stems from the fact that the lyrics, while touching the goth vein at times, are just far too hopeful. The gothic themes are very much present with sadness, loss and sometimes even darkness but there is always an upswing to it. What I mean is that there is almost always a "But, hey, everything will be fine again one day! Perhaps even better, ya know!" element in their lyrics that lifts that shroud of darkness that Gothic music works to engulf us in while listening to it.

The hopefulness I am referring to can be found in both of your example songs, Eerie Eden and A Way Away, actually! They both start with working up a dark and mystic atmosphere, Eerie Eden with it's vivid descriptions of the place "you" are in and A Way Away with it's story of the main character being lost and without hope. It is after this, however, that something happens. It occurs as early as in the first chorus of Eerie Eden where Jonsu tells us of how we should remain in this place of dread and build our own paradise, our own enchanted land. This is hardly a very dark message, on the contrary, it is a very hopeful one telling us of how we can turn even the darkest of situations into something good if we put our minds to it. The same thing happens in the last part of A Way Away where the sadness and hopelessness is abruptly broken by Jonsu telling us that even in these horrible conditions "sometimes hearts begin to stir" and the song takes a much lighter character that yet again brings us hope that even in the darkest of times things can become bright again.

The change from sadness to hope is the theme of many songs on A Way Away. Scissor, Paper, Rock tells us that even though we might be sad now "The dawn will dry your tears" and the very same concept is the theme of "In Passing". Now, I am no expert in the gothic genre but "brightening up a sad day" isn't really their thing, from what I've been able to gather. Yet this is exactly what Indica seems to strive for with their songs and in that sense they can actually be seen as the double agents of goth, working from the inside to bring the whole industry of darkness to its knees by opening a window here and there to let the sunshine in.

This is why I have a hard time seeing Indica as a band of the Gothic genre. They have, simply put, just not enough in common with The Count and just too much in common with Blade (Which makes them all the more preferable to have close at hand at the Twilight fan events...).

Wishmaster
Posted 03 December 2010 - 13:49

Well, thing with most bands is that all songs are not in the same genre and usually you can find several genres and influences.
Labeling Indica as gothic may be too strong, but some elements of it can be found (same thing as labeling them as metal/pop/rock/folk). Needs more vampires and black lipstick.

liimatainen92
Posted 08 December 2010 - 00:01

Wishmaster, on 03 December 2010 - 13:49, said:
Well, thing with most bands is that all songs are not in the same genre and usually you can find several genres and influences.
Labeling Indica as gothic may be too strong, but some elements of it can be found (same thing as labeling them as metal/pop/rock/folk). Needs more vampires and black lipstick.

I totally agree, it's awesome not being able to label a band and in the bests bands that happens. And btw actually that's true, you can see and found different things and influences as the ones you mention on Indica.
In my opinion there almost nothing gothic in them, maybe just some parts of lyrics and miscellaneous stuff. But there's nothing in their music that tells me that, not even their clothes or appearance, almost nothing.

Kiwi
Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:46

I'd like to see them return to the Finnish language. If not for an entire album, then I'd be happy with a mixture of both Finnish and English songs.

HooPee
Posted 21 May 2011 - 20:43

Jonsu said yesterday that they might will release single in Finnish in November to celebrate their 10th anniversary and next English album will release the beginning of next year.

HuubIndica
Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:40

HooPee, on 21 May 2011 - 20:43, said:
Jonsu said yesterday that they might will release single in Finnish in November to celebrate their 10th anniversary and next English album will release the beginning of next year.

Great news.

Severus
Posted 22 May 2011 - 18:06

HooPee, on 21 May 2011 - 20:43, said:

GREAAAAAAT!!!!!!

Thanks for news! Too long to wait for new album, but in any case I did not hope for the album to appear earlier

_Jonsu_
Posted 27 May 2011 - 14:07

how do you know about it? From some interview?

HooPee
Posted 27 May 2011 - 17:04

_Jonsu_, on 27 May 2011 - 15:07, said:
how do you know about it? From some interview?

We talked with Jonsu before the gig.

Rauf
Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:12

HooPee, on 27 May 2011 - 17:04, said:
We talked with Jonsu before the gig.

Hmm, which gig? According to the Fan page there was no gig ... (but they still tell only of a break until may 20th).

Is there any chance you'll write a report about it and post it? Would be very convenient - thanks in advance for sharing your pleasure with us unfortunate ones living abroad.

_Jonsu_
Posted 16 June 2011 - 13:10

Jonsu confirmed that the next album will be in english. More about this..INTERVIEW (DEAD LINK) Sorry for bad english

_Jonsu_
Posted 12 November 2012 - 17:37

Even though the new album is almost ready i want to write about what i want to hear/see in the new album. So, more tracks, i was thinking about 12 + at least three bonus tracks. I would ne nice to hear an instrumental vershion of some songs, maybe a vershion with other girls singing. I won't tell anything about the songs, because we all know that they gonna be amazing After the New album tour i want a DVD with some shows and backstages (something like Within temptation The Silent force tour). Every single must have a vershion with DVD with video and the making of. (i really want to see this ) Oh, and there must be at least three singles to the album (not only download, but real singles). Just dreaming...

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Fri 11. Jan 2013, 17:13 
Archivist
Archivist

there was one more topic about the next Indica album (after A Way Away) at the former forum, so I put the posts from this topic here

New Indica Album indicated...
Indica Forum -> Indica -> New Indica Album indicated...

Andy
Posted 21 July 2010 - 16:28

According to an interview with Jonsu in the latest issue of the german DARK SPY (http://www.dark-spy.com/Frame1.htm DEAD LINK) Magazine, Indica are already working on new material for a future album. At least that´s what Jonsu answered when asked what the future plans for Indica are. Yet considering the fact that the concert for Leipzig was moved and rumors came up that it was due to the band working on a new album,it seems that we won´t be waiting too long for new stuff.

Regards Andy

DrDress
Posted 21 July 2010 - 20:40

That's cool. I hate to wait years for new stuff

arij
Posted 21 July 2010 - 21:33

Hmmm....very interesting, anyway I know that Jonsu is thinking all the time new things so it's not a big surprise if she has enough new material for the album. Now it's two years from Valoissa album.But still the timing would be a surprise.

Wishmaster
Posted 21 July 2010 - 23:56

I would say 2012.
When you think about it, they said the've spent all their monies and a lots of time on A Way Away.
Gigs will be in Autumn, so next year they'll will probably do more gigs and eventually start with making of the new album so I'd say 2012 is a nice year to release new album. (Can't be 2013 because we'll be no more according to Mayans )
Also, it's always nice to see it from a pessimistic point of view. That way, you can't be dissapointed when they really announce it, BUT you can be nicely surprised if they set the date earlier than you predicted

canuck
Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:06

Some of you might know that I consider myself a bit of an artist. When I'm inspired it burns in me until I get it out on canvas. Jonsu's music is some of the most artistic I've encountered, so I'm sure it must be the same with her.

Radithor
Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:30

Wishmaster, on 22 July 2010 - 08:56, said:
(Can't be 2013 because we'll be no more according to Mayans )

They should release the album on the 21st December 2012. It'll be the album that sent the world out with a bang.

liimatainen92
Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:39

I don't believe in those things of 2012, but anyway I don't wanna disappear without listening new Indica's stuff, lol. I heard something about a future album also, I heard that it will (most probably) contain new songs in english (not remakes from old finnish ones). I think that's great, but I would like to hear some new finnish songs also, it would be amazing if they do some of each
Hope they release it soon, I hate to wait years to hear new things

DrDress
Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:50

I think I remember Jonsu saying somewhere in an interview that it would be an all english album. I think this would be smartest move too; since a mix of finnish and english songs could really confuse the "new" listeners.

Mr. Metal
Posted 23 July 2010 - 16:39

DrDress, on 23 July 2010 - 09:50, said:
I think I remember Jonsu saying somewhere in an interview that it would be an all english album. I think this would be smartest move too; since a mix of finnish and english songs could really confuse the "new" listeners.

Why....?
Nightwish did it when Tarja was still in the band...
Therion did/does it (also with long forgotten languages)
Kontrust (from Austria) does it (one with Polish lyrics and one (or two) with German lyrics)
In Extremo (with English & Old German lyrics that most people in Germany even do not understand)
And I could go on coming up with bands doing that....

And (if I may speak for myself) although I don't speak a word Finnish or many other foreign languages
(I'm from Holland and speak only Dutch, English or German)
I really like it when songs appear on albums from where the band comes from, be it in Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Hungarian, Polish or French...
Sometimes even more than when they try doing songs in English...
As for Indica....
I must say I really like the songs more with the new arrangements made in the music, but I miss the Finnish in some songs, like:
Pahinta Tänään, Elä, Vuorien Taa & Ikuinen Virta...
But then again, that's just my opinion

Severus
Posted 23 July 2010 - 17:19

nice news!
as for mixing English and Finnish, I am not against it. I can add one more example - Leaves' Eyes and their album Njord, where they use a lot of languages, including dead ones, and the result is excellent
I also miss songs in Finnish, though I don't know this language, Finnish sounds so different from English, timbre is different, and both languages have their own charm

liimatainen92
Posted 23 July 2010 - 19:57

Eluveitie and Korpiklaani and many other bands also do that ...I just think it would be cool to hear new things in both languages...I don't know if it will be good commercially speaking, but I don't see any bad thing that could happen.

Spiczi
Posted 23 July 2010 - 21:39

I like their finnish songs more, i don't know the meaning of words, but i can understand. The English language is more difficult for me to understand than the Finn. In the Indica songs, i understand many words, sometimes whole lines. But this is probably cause a problem just for me.
Of course, the English songs are also excellent.

Perhaps due to the Finno-Ugric linguistic affinity, i don't know.(sorry because my bad english)

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"

PostPosted: Sat 12. Jan 2013, 10:05 
True Indican
True Indican

According to the Indican Facebook, the new album is mixed and waiting for mastering, BUT it is also said that "Writing in Helsinki records with Tero Potila, Jen Armstrong and Tracy Lipp" - but apparently not for the upcoming album since it's already mixed.

Can someone solve this riddle for me? Is there a side project we never heard of?

Cause I'm afraid that all these people (Tero Potila, Jen Armstrong, Tracy Lipp) will rather destroy the sound of Indica than improve it :? I want an album written only by Jonsu. :evil:

Yotube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/yinx88

PostPosted: Sat 12. Jan 2013, 11:03 
Insane
Insane

I'm quite sure, that it is side project and nothing to do with Indica

PostPosted: Sat 12. Jan 2013, 11:57 

Yes, Jen said on facebook some time ago, that Jonsu is making backing vocals on her upcoming debut album. I'm pretty shure that Tracy Lipp helped with Indica's album together with Jay Graydon.

http://www.jonsu-indicaband.blogspot.com - 1st Polish blog about INDICA/ 1. Polski blog o zespole INDICA
http://jonsuindicaoutfits.webs.com/ - The only fansite about Jonsu's outfits!/ Jedyna strona internetowa na temat strojów Jonsu!

PostPosted: Sat 12. Jan 2013, 13:51 
Archivist
Archivist

As I understand, Jonsu will sing backing vocals on Jen Armstrong's album, and probably play violin. Jen Armstrong, as I see it, will not participate in Indica’s album, as it was practically finished before Jonsu got in touch with Jen Armstrong.

To make it more clear, quotes from FB:

Quote:
Jen Armstrong - This Time
http://www.youtube.com
Jen's brand new single 'This Time' released 16th December 2012. A massive thanks to Besbrode Pianos for the use of their space and beautiful pianos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6N7s8tc ... wA&index=1

ME: yeah, it is cool.. Is the violin (or viola?) played by Jonsu?
Wednesday at 11:37
Jen Armstrong Music: Not on this song Wednesday at 13:09
ME: Thanx for the answer. Does it mean that Jonsu played violin on some other song of yours? Can you give a link? Wednesday at 13:39 • Like
Jen Armstrong Music: Not yet but we're working on some songs together where she might

Quote:
Jen Armstrong
Wednesday at 22:51 via Mobile •
About to record some kick ass Finnish backing vocals (yes at midnight) — with Johanna Jonsu Salomaa.

Quote:
Jen Armstrong
Cannot wait to finish this song! Sounding ace — with Johanna Jonsu Salomaa, Tero Potila and Tracy Lipp.
Thursday via Mobile

Quote:
Jen Armstrong
19 hours ago near Kunyang, Zhejiang Just written another TUNE!! — with Johanna Jonsu Salomaa and Joonas Angeria, Tracy Lipp, Tero Potila

One more thing – half of the lyrics of the new Indica album are written by Jesse Hietanen (thanx to Telajel for info).

EDIT: yes, Tracy Lipp works for Indica

Quote:
Indica
28 August 2012
"HELP! My feet hurt!" Buying new trainers with Tracy Lipp, a great vocal coach who can fix almost all problems in life, he even fixed my car ;) !

PostPosted: Sat 12. Jan 2013, 19:13 
True Indican
True Indican

Phew, good, thanks :)

Yotube Channel:

PostPosted: Sun 13. Jan 2013, 10:49 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Is there something about these people (Tero Potila, Jen Armstrong Tracy Lipp) that's quite un-indican so we don't want them to contribute? I'm not really following all the names that are being tossed around Indica lately so I'm a bit lost here.

PostPosted: Sun 13. Jan 2013, 11:39 
True Indican
True Indican

Wishmaster wrote:
Is there something about these people (Tero Potila, Jen Armstrong Tracy Lipp) that's quite un-indican so we don't want them to contribute? I'm not really following all the names that are being tossed around Indica lately so I'm a bit lost here.

I only listened to the Jen Armstrong single and just didn't like it ;) Apart from that, I think that Indica/Jonsu doesn't need help with the songwriting process, she's pretty good on her own ^.^

- only my opinion about this.

Yotube Channel:

PostPosted: Sun 13. Jan 2013, 13:55 

Wishmaster wrote:

About Jen Armstrong...her first songs are terrible for me. But the last one ("This Time") is not that bad.
AFAIK Tracy Lipp worked with Lordi :lol: And Jay Graydon is pretty big star in America.

http://www.jonsu-indicaband.blogspot.com - 1st Polish blog about INDICA/ 1. Polski blog o zespole INDICA
http://jonsuindicaoutfits.webs.com/ - The only fansite about Jonsu's outfits!/ Jedyna strona internetowa na temat strojów Jonsu!

PostPosted: Mon 14. Jan 2013, 23:36 
Administrator / Watchlord

Some artists just need a little help from the best musician in the world: Jonsu.

(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 09:46 
Archivist
Archivist

thanx to Nico, we have now some info about the new album

Nico wrote:

Here's a little cosmetology-related interview of Jonsu&Sirkku from Keski-Uusimaa (a Finnish newspaper) from some time ago that was made right before Christmas (I think) at a cosmetologist's (named Sonja Auvinen-Alban) practice.

Jonsu: The trip to Tuusula brought something yellow to my nails. That may hint to the name of the new album.

Jonsu: Drums and bass were recorded in Hollola, and everything else was recorded in Berlin. The album is more pop and groovy than before. It's also more buoyant, since the hard times have now passed.

Can we guess now the name of the album? Any variants?

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 10:16 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

"...something yellow to my nails..."
Hmmm, then the name of the album could be 'Smoker's blues' or maybe 'Finger-scrubbing the cheese' since it will be less gloomy :D

Unless, I'm missing something ans 'something yellow to my nails' is an expressions with a deeper meaning... which probably isn't.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 10:36 

Too be honest, I don't like bouyant and groovy. I got into Indica for walking-in-the-woods-keys-dead-sisters-secrets-misty-girls-in-bathtubs-old sesaw-lake-doorsy vibe they had going. It reminding me of a lot of dreams I had. Almost describing exact scenes. Then I moved to the Finnish stuff because the melodies were perfect. I just prefer mysterious to happy.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 10:58 

Severus wrote:
thanx to Nico, we have now some info about the new album

Nico wrote:

Here's a little cosmetology-related interview of Jonsu&Sirkku from Keski-Uusimaa (a Finnish newspaper) from some time ago that was made right before Christmas (I think) at a cosmetologist's (named Sonja Auvinen-Alban) practice.

Jonsu: The trip to Tuusula brought something yellow to my nails. That may hint to the name of the new album.

Jonsu: Drums and bass were recorded in Hollola, and everything else was recorded in Berlin. The album is more pop and groovy than before. It's also more buoyant, since the hard times have now passed.

Can we guess now the name of the album? Any variants?

Sun? Honestly no idea. Buoyant? Smells like mix of Tuuliset Tienoot and Kadonnut Puutarha. Anyway I think we should trust Jonsu. Even if this album is more pop than previous one, this pop is definitely Indica fairytale like pop. :D

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 12:12 

Even more poppy then AWA? Is that even possible? But that's still OK with me.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 13:51 
Archivist
Archivist

INDICaNa JoNEsU wrote:
Even more poppy then AWA? Is that even possible? But that's still OK with me.

Why is AWA popish? On AWA only Scissor Paper Rock and Outside In are popish. And they are not quite popish. Nothing popish in "In Passing", and as for "Eerie Eden", it is as far from pop music as possible.

I think by pop songs Jonsu means slower and less heavy songs... She uses this term not correctly, it seems. Indica's strongest side have always been slow and not heavy songs, they are much better than Pahinta Tänään, for example. But Indica songs were sad songs, now Jonsu says that there will be cheerful songs...

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 14:17 

Then we seem to have a different interpretation of the word Pop Music. ;)

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 16:43 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Well, poppy and pop is not the same. Pop is Britney Spears, ABBA, Lady Gaga, while poppy is something that's not pop but has elements of pop.
Away away was not pop. AWA is instrumentally heavier than many albums that are being labelled as rock. I've noticed (well not just me) that genres are tending to be more and more heavier. For example, what was 20-30 years ago metal today is rock, meaning that Beatles were at the time of their starting mainly labelled as rock while by today's standards they could be placed under pop.

Pop is music for masses and is easy-listening, has somehow artificial feeling because of use of sequencers, keys and whatnot. A Way Away was primarily rock album with some pop-ish sounding parts. Indica uses a lot of distortion guitar, exaggerated bass and drums which is the main identification of rock genre.

Nevertheless, pop is one hilarious word, especially when you sai it so many time it looses meaning :D

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 17:37 

It's hard to describe pop. Pop is Britney Spears, but also pop is in some of Indica's songs. I think, that when Jonsu said "pop" she meant something like Pidä kädestä or Häkkilintu. I just can't imagine Jonsu singing like Lady Gaga. ABBA is more believable, but still. Jonsu likes bands like Queen and The Cranberries. She also said that for this album she created songs, that she'd like. And please do not forget: Indica is under Nuclear Blast and the producer of the album is Roland Spremberg. So I think this "pop" will be like Precious Dark, not like Mamma Mia or Lady Gaga's songs.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 20:52 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

I'm guessing she means it will be more like the older stuff, music-wise. I, however, am still not big on the whole English lyrics thing, so I really hope there will be a Finnish version of the album.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 23:59 

SBN wrote:
I'm guessing she means it will be more like the older stuff, music-wise. I, however, am still not big on the whole English lyrics thing, so I really hope there will be a Finnish version of the album.

I hope this album isn't just remakes (maybe that's why it's taking so long). However I think the old stuff was the best melodically, so I wouldn't mind a few remakes. I'd love an English version of Helmet for example.

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Sat 19. Jan 2013, 07:28 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

There won't be remakes. She said couple of times that the songs will be brand new.

PostPosted: Sun 24. Mar 2013, 14:59 
Archivist
Archivist

Indica Mexico FB informed that Jonsu had said that the album would be in autumn

PostPosted: Sun 24. Mar 2013, 18:23 

Severus wrote:
Indica Mexico FB informed that Jonsu had said that the album would be in autumn

Autumn?! It was supposed to be in April... We're waiting for like...three years. Well, i hope that the new album will be really awesome (cause Mountains Made Of Stone and Missing are gorgeus). Do we know anything about the title or 1st single?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next