It is currently Fri 22. Sep 2017, 13:33

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue 2. Apr 2013, 08:57 
Archivist
Archivist

We already have a topic about Sydänten Tiellä and Bridge Of Memories
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=556
So here we'll discuss all other out-of-Indica musical activity of Jonsu.

Indica Mexico FB posted this (Thanx to them SO MUCH!)

Quote:
Nuestra pelirroja es una persona no sólo consciente del ambiente, sino altruista.
El 26 de enero de 2005, Jonsu junto a algunos reconocidos cantantes de Finlandia, llamados AAA 2005 (Artistit Auttavat Aasiaa, que en español significa 'Artistas Ayudando en Asia'), realizaron un cover de la canción de Apua! en 1985: "Maksamme velkaa" (Pagamos la deuda). Con esta, todo el dinero recaudado sería donado a la Cruz Roja para la gente que vivió la catástrofe en Asia.
Ningún artista, así como estudios de grabación, cobraron honorarios.
El disco tenía un costo de 3 euros y todo el dinero fue otorgado a la organización SPR.
Pueden ver el video aquí:
http://youtu.be/WS3QkCnGHl0
Y algunas fuentes aquí:
http://www.anssikela.com/arkisto/uutisa ... taan-26-1/
http://www.mesta.net/musa/uutiset/?aid=9480

Bing translation:

Quote:
Our redhead is a not only conscious of the environment, but altruistic person.
On 26 January 2005, Khonsu together with some renowned singers of Finland, called AAA 2005 (Artistit Auttavat Aasiaa, which means 'Helping artists in Asia' in Spanish), performed a cover of the song by Apua! in 1985: "Maksamme velkaa" (pay the debt). With this, all proceeds would be donated to the Red Cross for the people who lived the catastrophe in Asia.
Any artist, as well as recording studios, charged fees.
The disk had a cost of 3 euros and all the money was awarded to the SPR organization.
You can see the video here: http://youtu.be/WS3QkCnGHl0 and some sources here: http://www.anssikela.com/arkisto/uutisa ... taan-26-1/ http://www.mesta.net/musa/uutiset/?aid=9480 - kerosene - (Translated by Bing)
http://www.anssikela.com/arkisto/uutisa ... taan-26-1/

I hope our Finnish forumites will help us with more info about this ;)

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Tue 2. Apr 2013, 11:05 
True Indican
True Indican

A couple of corrections to the Bing translation. The title Artistit Auttavat Aasia could be translated to Artists Aiding Asia, if you want to keep the AAA abbreviation. And unlike what Bing says, the people and corporations involved in the recording didn't charge any fees. Even the songwriter donated his royalties to charity.

The original version of the song was recorded in 1985 in order to raise money for Ethiopia that was suffering from drought. The lyrics state: "Please don't think that these would be alms. We're just paying back our old debt". So, the message of the song is that Europeans have such a big historical debt to Africa (and Asia) that modern charity is just compensation for the colonial era.

PostPosted: Tue 2. Apr 2013, 16:33 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

The "Artists Aid Asia" thing seems to be from 2005, and I guess it was done because of the 2004 Asian tsunami catastrophe. I think the Indica girls have over the years taken part in various environmentalist and foreign aid activities. I guess they try to be some kind of an example to other people by doing such stuff publicly. I like how they seem to prefer "practicing" over "preaching".

The opening post doesn't mention Jonsu's Nightwish collaboration "Erämaan Viimeinen"... Well, maybe that's supposed to be so famous that it doesn't need a mention.

EDIT: Oh, and of course Jonsu taking part in that Kuorosota ("Choir War") program was "musical activity" too, right?

And she published some stuff as a child too, I think (as part of some group?), but I don't know if much is known or worth mentioning about that.

PostPosted: Tue 2. Apr 2013, 22:45 
Administrator / Watchlord

They don't brag about their charity work, that's good.

Yes, Jonsu did Kuorosota, and is now a judge for Hard Rock Rising.

(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory

PostPosted: Wed 10. Apr 2013, 12:44 
Archivist
Archivist

jokuhulu wrote:
The opening post doesn't mention Jonsu's Nightwish collaboration "Erämaan Viimeinen"... Well, maybe that's supposed to be so famous that it doesn't need a mention.

EDIT: Oh, and of course Jonsu taking part in that Kuorosota ("Choir War") program was "musical activity" too, right?

And she published some stuff as a child too, I think (as part of some group?), but I don't know if much is known or worth mentioning about that.

there is a separate topic about Kuorosota:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=621

I have not found a topic about Erämaan Viimeinen... Strange :?

I put here the posts from the former forum thread Different Questions Concerning Indica, which concern Jonsu's musical activity in childhood

Severus
Posted 08 August 2011 - 23:52

in Finnish part of the forum there is such a topic:
http://forum.indica-...iew__getnewpost DEAD LINK

It is about Jonsu's singing in pre-Indica period. As I understood (using google translator) there were 2 Cds in 1992, on which Jonsu's vocals can be heard
is this one of them - cdtrrracks.com/Eri%20esitt%E4ji%E4/Hip%20hoi,%20musisoi/ ? (Edit -the link is not clickable, so you only copy it to the address bar)

Niko, will you be so kind to retell what you wrote there? (I cannot rely on google)

What else does anybody know about Jonsu's activity in music before 2001?

Niko
Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:20

Okay, I tell it in English too. Jonsu has sung as a child at least on these two albums: Sininen ja valkoinen and Hip hoi, musisoi. Both albums were recorded in 1992 when Jonsu was six eight years old.

Sininen ja valkoinen includes traditional Finnish songs performed by Tapiola Choir and Tapiola Sinfonietta. Jonsu sings one verse in the song Arvon mekin ansaitsemme. The album is available, for example, on Amazon.com and iTunes. And those who happen to live in Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, the US, France, Spain or the Netherlands can listen to it for free on Spotify.

Hip hoi, musisoi is a children's song album in which Jonsu sings solo parts in three songs: "Vaari tuli talohon", "Pää, olka, polvi, varvas" and "Pikkueläimiä ja jättiläinen". This album is no longer on sale, but one of these songs (Pää, olka, polvi, varvas) has been included in the compilation album Liirum laarum which is available on Spotify and also on iTunes in some countries.

EDIT: I can count.

Severus
Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:14

Niko

thank you very much!!!!!!

Niko
Posted 12 August 2011 - 15:09

I just realized that if you (install and) start iTunes on the computer and search for Johanna Salomaa, you'll find the two songs that are available. And you can listen to the samples of those songs. Jonsu's part begins at 1:20 in Arvon mekin ansaitsemme and at 0:54 in Pää, olka, polvi, varvas.

Severus
Posted 12 August 2011 - 15:49

Niko, on 12 August 2011 - 15:09, said:
I just realized that if you (install and) start iTunes on the computer and search for Johanna Salomaa, you'll find the two songs that are available. And you can listen to the samples of those songs. Jonsu's part begins at 1:20 in Arvon mekin ansaitsemme and at 0:54 in Pää, olka, polvi, varvas.

Thanks again! I listened to these songs. So strange Jonsu's voice sounds, it is even difficult to believe that it is her voice. But interesting

Wishmaster
Posted 13 August 2011 - 18:32

Severus, on 12 August 2011 - 15:49, said:
Thanks again! I listened to these songs. So strange Jonsu's voice sounds, it is even difficult to believe that it is her voice. But interesting

I'm trying not be a fanboy but when you say something like this I get an urge to install iTunes just to hear two lines of Jonsu singing some random song

Severus
Posted 16 August 2011 - 13:53

Niko, I have a question for you – how do you know where is Jonsu’s part in these songs? Is it your guess or was there any information in the booklets of these Cds? Besides, about Cds – are there any photos of singers at these booklets, including Jonsu? It would be great to see 8 year old Jonsu.

Niko
Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:07

Severus, on 16 August 2011 - 14:53, said:
Niko, I have a question for you – how do you know where is Jonsu’s part in these songs? Is it your guess or was there any information in the booklets of these Cds? Besides, about Cds – are there any photos of singers at these booklets, including Jonsu? It would be great to see 8 year old Jonsu.

I have both Sininen ja valkoinen and Hip hoi, musisoi as a CD. I bought Sininen ja valkoinen from Amazon.com and borrowed Hip hoi, musisoi from a library.

According to the booklet of Sininen ja valkoinen, there are two solo singers in Arvon mekin ansaitsemme: Paavo Hyökki and Johanna Salomaa. So Paavo is the boy who sings the second verse and Jonsu is the girl who sings the third verse. According to the booklet of Hip hoi, musisoi, "Pää, olka, polvi, varvas" has three adult singers (Anna-Kaisa Liedes, Liisa Laveri and Vesa Nuotio) and two child singers (Paavo Hyökki and Johanna Salomaa). Since Jonsu is the only young girl singing in this song, it's easy to say that the part I mentioned earlier is Jonsu's part.

Hip hoi, musisoi doesn't include any photos, but the booklet of Sininen ja valkoinen includes some photos of the performers and I think Jonsu is in two photos, but I can't be sure because the booklet doesn't tell the names of the people in those photos. Sorry, but I'm not going to upload the photos anywhere because they are copyrighted material and I don't own their copyrights. The same goes for the songs.

Important post from the former forum topic "Indica videos on youtube":

lilly
Posted 01 June 2011 - 20:05

Today I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Ox17BJpTk

It is from Elämä Lapselle. I have no idea what is it, probably some TV show, but Jonsu and her Finnish friends (Aki,Kalle,Irina...) are singing Eternal Flame(Bangles).
Jonsu starts singing at 2.21, and sing only for 10 seconds, but for me it was interesting to see, especially because it is a clip from 2004. and Jonsu already sang (at least something)in English.

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"

PostPosted: Wed 24. Apr 2013, 13:46 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

According to Rytmi (article is in Finnish and not very interesting), Jonsu will appear on a tribute album to Matti Jurva. The album will be out 24.5.2013. No further details seem to be available at this time.

PostPosted: Wed 24. Apr 2013, 15:33 
Archivist
Archivist

Nico wrote:
According to Rytmi (article is in Finnish and not very interesting), Jonsu will appear on a tribute album to Matti Jurva. The album will be out 24.5.2013. No further details seem to be available at this time.

thanks for info! So, Jonsu will again collaborate with Jukka Poika?

PostPosted: Mon 29. Apr 2013, 15:56 
Archivist
Archivist

we forgot about Jonsu's collaboration with Jen Armstrong... How's it going? No news yet

I'll quote my own post post from Next Album thread. cause it concerns this topic

Severus wrote:
As I understand, Jonsu will sing backing vocals on Jen Armstrong's album, and probably play violin. Jen Armstrong, as I see it, will not participate in Indica’s album, as it was practically finished before Jonsu got in touch with Jen Armstrong.

To make it more clear, quotes from FB:

Quote:
Jen Armstrong - This Time
http://www.youtube.com
Jen's brand new single 'This Time' released 16th December 2012. A massive thanks to Besbrode Pianos for the use of their space and beautiful pianos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6N7s8tc ... wA&index=1

ME: yeah, it is cool.. Is the violin (or viola?) played by Jonsu?
Wednesday at 11:37
Jen Armstrong Music: Not on this song Wednesday at 13:09
ME: Thanx for the answer. Does it mean that Jonsu played violin on some other song of yours? Can you give a link? Wednesday at 13:39 • Like
Jen Armstrong Music: Not yet but we're working on some songs together where she might

Quote:
Jen Armstrong
Wednesday at 22:51 via Mobile •
About to record some kick ass Finnish backing vocals (yes at midnight) — with Johanna Jonsu Salomaa.

Quote:
Jen Armstrong
Cannot wait to finish this song! Sounding ace — with Johanna Jonsu Salomaa, Tero Potila and Tracy Lipp.
Thursday via Mobile

Quote:
Jen Armstrong
19 hours ago near Kunyang, Zhejiang Just written another TUNE!! — with Johanna Jonsu Salomaa and Joonas Angeria, Tracy Lipp, Tero Potila

One more thing – half of the lyrics of the new Indica album are written by Jesse Hietanen (thanx to Telajel for info).

EDIT: yes, Tracy Lipp works for Indica

Quote:
Indica
28 August 2012
"HELP! My feet hurt!" Buying new trainers with Tracy Lipp, a great vocal coach who can fix almost all problems in life, he even fixed my car ;) !

PostPosted: Tue 30. Apr 2013, 00:08 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

Severus wrote:
Nico wrote:

thanks for info! So, Jonsu will again collaborate with Jukka Poika?

I guess Jonsu will at least sing a song for the same tribute album as he will. Nothing seemed to indicate that they would sing in the same song(s), but who knows.

PostPosted: Thu 27. Jun 2013, 13:58 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

Jonsu will appear on a children's music album that should be out in autumn 2013. The album is an "extension" of a children's book series called Velhovaari (Wizard Grandpa). There's a brief comment in Finnish from Jonsu here (the link is to a crowdfunding site; the project has finally been funded). Loosely translated:

J: It's been fun, making the Velhovaari album and for once composing for a bit younger audience. Hanna's and Antti's enthusiasm for the project was infectious, and I felt the nature theme of the books to be very important and current to the kids of today. I hope the books and the music inspire children's interest in Finland's magnificent and diverse nature.

PostPosted: Fri 28. Jun 2013, 07:03 

Nico wrote:
Velhovaari (Wizard Grandpa).

phpBB [video]

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Fri 23. Aug 2013, 15:14 
True Indican
True Indican

The crowdfunding of the "wizard granpa" album ended yesterday and raised 1165 euros. The minimum goal was 1000 euros, so the album will be released.

(Apparently the authors lowered the minimum goal during the fund-raising because Nico's link refers to the original project that had the minimum goal of 1500 euros. My link refers to the project with the minimum goal of 1000 euros.)

PostPosted: Sat 31. Aug 2013, 18:04 
Archivist
Archivist

Jonsu composed a song ,,First Kiss" (together with Jen Armstrong, T.Lipp and T.Potila) for Isac Eliot : http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joonas_Angeria

Thanks a lot to Telajel for the link!!!!

this is the song. Thanks to Ashanee for the link!

phpBB [video]

not like Indica music at all... Probably Jonsu only made some suggestions...

PostPosted: Sun 1. Sep 2013, 08:20 

Just because it doesn't sound like Indica doesn't mean Jonsu hadn't part in composing it. I think she's capable of writing different kinds of music. ;)

Video is blocked here in Germany, have to use a proxy later...

PostPosted: Sun 1. Sep 2013, 10:48 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

In before the whole Europe starts going crazy about that haircut....

PostPosted: Mon 21. Oct 2013, 15:36 
Archivist
Archivist

Isac Eliot's video got 1 million views already....

PostPosted: Fri 29. Nov 2013, 04:52 
Scholar Indican
Scholar Indican

The Velhovaari album's release has been postponed to early 2014.

Jonsu plays the violin on Daggerplay - Blind Horses.

PostPosted: Fri 29. Nov 2013, 09:07 
True Indican
True Indican

Nico wrote:
Jonsu plays the violin on Daggerplay - Blind Horses.

Yay, finally some real music, thanks for sharing :)

Yotube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/yinx88

PostPosted: Fri 29. Nov 2013, 17:43 

Oh, thanks for sharing :)

PostPosted: Wed 30. Apr 2014, 22:31 
Archivist
Archivist

Nico wrote:
Jonsu will appear on a children's music album that should be out in autumn 2013. The album is an "extension" of a children's book series called Velhovaari (Wizard Grandpa). There's a brief comment in Finnish from Jonsu here (the link is to a crowdfunding site; the project has finally been funded). Loosely translated:

J: It's been fun, making the Velhovaari album and for once composing for a bit younger audience. Hanna's and Antti's enthusiasm for the project was infectious, and I felt the nature theme of the books to be very important and current to the kids of today. I hope the books and the music inspire children's interest in Finland's magnificent and diverse nature.

so, I've found this:

http://ru.recordshopx.com/artist/v_a/ve ... auluja/#cd

https://www.facebook.com/ToolonMusiikki ... eam_ref=10

Jonsu is on 2 tracks (or more?):
3. Klaaran Laulu - Jonsu
6. Luonto Lepää - Jonsu

As I understand via google translator, the titles mean Clara's Song and Nature Rest

Is it possible to find these songs?

PostPosted: Fri 9. May 2014, 08:50 
True Indican
True Indican

I'd translate the song names this way:
Klaaran laulu = Klaara's Song
Luonto lepää = Nature Rests

As far as I know, the album is available only as a CD, not in a downloadable format, which is a pity because I'd like to buy Jonsu's songs, but I'm not going to pay 20 euros for the CD.

According to the information on Facebook, Ape Anttila is the musical director, composer and producer of the album. Jonsu and the other two women are described as vocalists. So, I wonder how Jonsu participated in the writing of the songs. Did she write the lyrics of her songs or what?

PostPosted: Sat 10. May 2014, 17:46 
True Indican
True Indican

About the old children's songs Jonsu recorded when she was eight years old, I realized that they are now available on Deezer.com, which is a web-based music streaming service that is available in almost every country (excluding United States, Japan and maybe some others). Americans can listen to these songs on Spotify, so I suppose most (if not all) members of this forum can now listen to these songs for free.

Sininen ja valkoinen
- Arvon mekin ansaitsemme

Hip hoi, musisoi
- Vaari tuli talohon
- Pää, olka, polvi, varvas
- Pikkueläimiä ja jättiläinen

PostPosted: Sun 11. May 2014, 07:14 

Thanks guys for digging this up :D

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Wed 4. Jun 2014, 09:22 
Archivist
Archivist

Jonsu - Klaaran laulu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXQbFJa ... MSOcEPSDYw

Jonsu - Luonto lepää

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swuN0xvzBhM

PostPosted: Wed 4. Jun 2014, 10:57 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Thanks for the uploads, Severus.