It is currently Mon 25. Sep 2017, 20:44

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2013, 19:30 
Administrator / Watchlord

MODERATORS and TRANSLATORS: Please post information and a link to this post in your language's forum as a sticky, and lock your post. Every language needs its own locked sticky with instructions, but interview questions should be posted here only!
---------------------------------------------------------
INSTRUCTIONS: Indica-Fans.net has been confirmed for an interview after the new album's release. More information about the new album can be found here. Indica-Fans will forward a selection of questions for the band from the fans to Jonsu. Questions can be ANY language, but all questions must be posted in this thread. Do not post anything other than actual interview questions in this thread. Any other comments, suggestions, and questions should be sent directly to me or another staff member in a PM or posted in a separate thread. Questions should be related to the new albums, but can be about Indica in general. To make enough room for new questions, just try not to post stuff that has been answered in previous interview or about old albums.
---------------------------------------------------------
-17/09/2013 20:26 EDT: Rules updated.

(Deviantart)
Looking for something? Check out the Directory

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2013, 21:55 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Oh, this is nice. I'll try to restrain myself from posting too many dumb questions.

To Jonsu/the band: Was the decision to record the new album both in Finnish and English spontaneous, sometime during the recording sessions or was it always a possibility?

PostPosted: Wed 18. Sep 2013, 00:35 

To Indica: Do you plan on touring outside of Europe with Shine? We'd love to see you back in the Americas. (Might be deleted after new album comes out, or we have more information.)

To Indica: We know the girls do backup vocals, has there ever been talk of one of the girls being the main vocalist for a particular song? (Might be deleted after new album comes out, or we have more information.)

To Jonsu and/or Sirkku: I've noticed that, unlike many other artists from the USA (where I am from), you seem to not "sell out" to any corporations and stay pure to your style, but you also keep in touch directly with fans, especially through Facebook. How are you able to stay so "grounded" as a popular musicians? Is it ever a challenge?

(Deviantart)

PostPosted: Wed 18. Sep 2013, 13:09 

To Indica:1. Do you plan to record a live DVD after the Shine tour?
2. What do you think about photoshoping your pictures?
3. Are you familliar with Tove Jansson's work and did you enjoy it when you were kids?

To Jenny&Heini: It must be hard to be on tour and raise children at once. Have you ever thought about leaving the band and stay home for your family?

To Laura: Why did you decide to make your hair blond?

To Jonsu: 1. Has it ever happend that Indica had a gig and you were in a terrible mood? What did you do?
2. What do you think about a compilation with unknown Indica songs (like Odotan, Unten Maa, Yön Jalkeen)?
3. Why didin't you translate ,,War Child" to Finnish?
4. Do you keep all your stage/session outfits at home? How many do you have? What was your first one? Which one is your favourite?

http://www.jonsu-indicaband.blogspot.com - 1st Polish blog about INDICA/ 1. Polski blog o zespole INDICA
http://jonsuindicaoutfits.webs.com/ - The only fansite about Jonsu's outfits!/ Jedyna strona internetowa na temat strojów Jonsu!

PostPosted: Wed 18. Sep 2013, 14:36 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

To Indica:

- Have you ever thought about inviting any guest vocalist to one of your songs?

- When you start touring as a headliner (and I hope you will), which bands/artists would you like to take with you as a support, if you could decide about it?

- What are your memories of your first gig in Poland? (Węgorzewo Seven Festival 2011 – the place, the audience)?

- What was the weirdest/the least expected situation you had during a gig/tour?

- Did any of you ever think about recording a solo album?

To Jonsu:

- What was the stupidest question you've ever heard during the interview or from the fans?

- Have you ever thought about composing heavier music?

- Now, after the release of Shine and Akvaario, do you have any plans for a new album, or you don’t think about it yet?

http://indicafans.pun.pl/

Last edited by Ashanee on Sat 15. Mar 2014, 15:18, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed 18. Sep 2013, 18:07 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

I'm so tempted to ask silly questions. And seems like I'll have to give in to temptation :)

To anyone willing to answer:
- Must pick one! Death metal or Rap?
- Sexiest Hollywood actor?
- If the script for the new music video for one of your songs required you to dance in Lederhosen (those German leather breeches) would you accept?
- If you had to pick one song that would play every time you go to sleep, which song would that be?
- Have you ever tried eating snails? If not, would you try them if given the chance?

And that concludes my set of silly questions.

PostPosted: Wed 25. Sep 2013, 21:02 

My turn.

1) TO INDICA: What was your reaction when you were received with some fans and joy in your arrival to Mexico, and what do you think about Mexican public?
2) TO JENNY: How was this long break for you away gigs, your replacement, and how do you feel now with a renewed band and a mommy role?
3) TO INDICA: How came this decision about leave behind all fairy stuff, who proposed the idea at first?
4) TO LAURA: What do you do outside the band, do you have a hobby?

PostPosted: Sun 20. Oct 2013, 09:55 
Totally Bananas
Totally Bananas

To anyone and everyone in the band who cares to answer and explain: Why exactly did the album take so long, and how do you feel about that?

To anyone and everyone in the band who cares to answer: What is your opinion about making children (or additional children) right now?

PostPosted: Sat 25. Jan 2014, 00:44 
Master Indican
Master Indican

All questions to Indica (or whoever feels responsible for answering the respective question): :)

Is the meaning of the lyrics of both the English and the Finnish songs identical or at least similar? If so, which was the original text and which the translated one?

In general what came first, the music or the text?

If not already answered elsewhere, some additional general questions:

To Heini: When and why did you switch from fingered to picked bass playing? Was it to get a different sound or where there other reasons? (I know that happened long ago, but I always wondered.)

To Laura: Why do you play the bass drum barefooted (if you still do)?

PostPosted: Fri 7. Feb 2014, 10:20 
Archivist
Archivist

I have such questions to Jonsu: what songs came from the dream, except "Mountain Made of Stone"?

What is the song "War Child" about? (if she does not answer in the next video)

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Mon 10. Feb 2014, 19:45 
Administrator / Indicator

Jonsu: You've mentioned in an earlier interview, that one of the new songs was inspired by a dream you've had. Would you tell us which song that was and how much it differs from the original inspiration?

Jenny: On "Mountain made of stone" you played some really heavy orientated tunes, as I think, which gave the song an amazingly epic touch. Do you enjoy "shredding" the 6 string (if I may say so), or was this just a small glimpse to a harder side of Jenny?

Laura: Usually it's the drums that are recorded first. I asume it to be challanging to be the first in row to start the production of an album. Did you have a special way to prepare for this?

Laura: In the same vein: What orientation do you use while recording? Clicks, background take to know where you are in the song or any other technique?

Heini: Which song is your personal favorite?

Sirkku: The new album contained alot of keyboardwork as well. Was it exhausting for you to record all parts?

All: If you were to name but one song to describe the new album the best, which would it be?

All: A mean one, I know... Which version of the album do you like the most, the english or the finish one?

Indica-Fans.net Administrator

...a heart that hurts is a heart that works...

FB Profil: Andy

PostPosted: Tue 11. Feb 2014, 12:47 
Archivist
Archivist

Andy wrote:
Jonsu: You've mentioned in an earlier interview, that one of the new songs was inspired by a dream you've had?

3 songs were inspired by the dream. Somewhere Jonsu also said that 2 songs came from the dream in the album. So, probably, one dream-inspired song was dropped. As Jonsu said in Shine track by track video, Mountain Made of Stone comes from the dream. What is the second (+ the third?) dream-inspired song is still the mystery. But it must be a sad one, my guess - War Child, but I am not sure

"Dark art is not a devil thing, it's quite the opposite, it's a God thing. You truly find God on sadness, not on happiness. My darkest arts, my darkest thoughts are from heaven"
@ Nathalia Suellen (Lady Symphonia)

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Severus479

PostPosted: Tue 11. Feb 2014, 13:13 

Severus wrote:
Andy wrote:
Jonsu: You've mentioned in an earlier interview, that one of the new songs was inspired by a dream you've had?

3 songs were inspired by the dream. Somewhere Jonsu also said that 2 songs came from the dream in the album. So, probably, one dream-inspired song was dropped. As Jonsu said in Shine track by track video, Mountain Made of Stone comes from the dream. What is the second (+ the third?) dream-inspired song is still the mystery. But it must be a sad one, my guess - War Child, but I am not sure

She mentioned in Shine trailer that the second one is Lucid.

http://www.jonsu-indicaband.blogspot.com - 1st Polish blog about INDICA/ 1. Polski blog o zespole INDICA
http://jonsuindicaoutfits.webs.com/ - The only fansite about Jonsu's outfits!/ Jedyna strona internetowa na temat strojów Jonsu!

PostPosted: Fri 14. Feb 2014, 19:42 

Thx, guys. Seems I m a little out-of-date. Guess we can cancel this question, then.

Still: Keep those questions coming! We need more.

Indica-Fans.net Administrator

...a heart that hurts is a heart that works...

FB Profil: Andy

PostPosted: Thu 6. Mar 2014, 21:02 
Teased
Teased

"If you could pick any artist,past or present to do a collaboration for a song,who would you pick and why ?"
"If you had a chance to talk with a younger Jonsu,what would you tell her about the future,Indica and all your journey so far ?"

Thank you to Jonsu if is gonna answer,she's really beautiful and amazing ^_^

PostPosted: Thu 6. Mar 2014, 22:16 
Elder Indican
Elder Indican

Here's one that's actually been on my mind ever since Shine was first announced:

How do you feel about playing older material? Are there any songs for which there is no chance whatsoever the fans might ever hear live again?

PostPosted: Thu 13. Mar 2014, 05:02 
Teased
Teased

Moi!

Here is my weird (or stupid) list of interview questions:

Q1) What is your favorite Finnish song? -- Indica songs don't count, those are my favorites (:
Q2) Who/What is your favorite fictional character? -- from books, movies, cartoons, video games, etc.
Q3) What is your favorite planet? -- other than the planet Earth.
Q4) Which one would you pick: carrot or chestnut?
Q5) What do you miss most from the past? -- something from yesterday also counts, but an answer from some time earlier is much more appreciated...

Note: Although I prepared these questions with Jonsu in my mind, Heini, Jenny, Laura, and Sirkku are also welcome to share their answers if they wish.

Kiitos!

PostPosted: Wed 2. Apr 2014, 00:31 

Locked - Thank you for your questions. They will be sorted and sent soon.

(Deviantart)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]